PDA

View Full Version : 3ds Max Turbo Smooth Issue-Aircraft

Deliverer
04-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Hello all. I am modelling and Art Deco Fighter I saw a concept for on Deviant art. All is going well except I am getting an artifact at the edge of the cockpit when the smooth is applied. Ive attached images in wireframe so that you can see what Im working with as of now. I appreciate any help that anyone can offer. Thanks all in advance!

Deliverer
04-13-2008, 07:48 AM
Oops, heres a pic of what the turbosmooth looks like in wireframe ><

musashidan
04-13-2008, 08:09 AM
The edgeloops that terminate to a single edge and create tri's should be continued around to mauntain quads.
The tri shaped quad on the corner of the windscreen could be shaped more like a square.

Deliverer
04-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Thank you so much for responding, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I got rid of the tri, and it helped out a bit, Im such a nub sometimes. However, Im still ending up with this annoying artifact once the smooth is applied. At first I thought I may have a vert unwelded or something, but I checked each of them, one at a time. Thats not the case. If you could, please take a look at the new screens and see if you can identify my mistake. Thank you so much again!

blank
04-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Also dont forget as well as adding extra edge loops close to one another to create a crease when smoothed you can also assign different smoothing groups and smooth using these to create sharp creases when smoothing without adding extra edge loops.

Can be useful sometimes.

musashidan
04-13-2008, 04:29 PM
As blank said:you should add another edgeloop along the ring of edges in front of the windscreen.This should solve your problem.

Deliverer
04-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Yup, that took care of it! I appreciate all your guys help! Yall r0xUrz!

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2008, 06:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.