PDA

View Full Version : Missing brush selection bar. HELP!

PrinnyKing3
04-13-2008, 03:25 AM
Today, I opened up one of my pictures and found that the brush selection bar was nowhere to be found. Naturally, I tried disabling it and re-enabling it. When that didnt work, I moved my open tabs around, trying to see if it got behind something somehow, and finally I disabled every property bar and palette and re-enabled everything and still nothing!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH! This makes no sense and it just totally interrupts my flow. If you can't tell me how to fix this problem, can you at least let me know if all my custom palettes and modified brushes will still be there after I reinstall the program?

Thank you SO much in advance!

Hecartha
04-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Fortunately, you don't need to reinstall the program.
You need to restore the default layout (or a previous working saved layout):
-go in the menu bar under Window/Arrange Palettes/Default
You will lose your own layout but the property bar will appear again

To avoid this problem in future, you can save at any moment a working layout under this menu, it will prevent to lose all your custom layout

About your custom brushes and your custom palettes, it won't delete them. I'm not 100% sure about the custom palettes but you can save manually all these data (it can be usefull having portable settings when you need to change computer):
-the file containing the custom palettes is here if you are using Windows, it is named CustomPalettes.pal
Painter X
%appdata%\Corel\Painter X\Default\
copy paste this path in explorer

or use this one if your system is on partition C
C:\Documents and Settings\Current User\Application Data\Corel\Painter X\Default\
Painter IX
%appdata%\Corel\Painter IX\
copy paste this path in explorer

or use this one if your system is on partition C
C:\Documents and Settings\Current User\Application Data\Corel\Painter IX\

-The settings containing workspace layouts are inside the same folder, the file is named Painter Settings (Painter X) PAINTER.SET (Painter IX)

-the brushes are stored there: (if you never saved them manually)
Painter X (Painter X allows now to save everything using a graphic user interface...use the search in the forum because I have only Painter IX and my Painter X trial is expired now)
%appdata%\Corel\Painter X\Default\Brushes\
or
C:\Documents and Settings\Current User\Application Data\Corel\Painter X\Default\Brushes\
Painter IX
%appdata%\Corel\Painter IX\Brushes\
or
C:\Documents and Settings\Current User\Application Data\Corel\Painter IX\Brushes\
You can find in this folder all the brush library you used as sub folder named according to the Brush library name.

For more information you can use the search and find a lot more informations written by Jinny Brown for Mac and Windows

PrinnyKing3
04-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Thank you SO much! Weird little problems like these always make me crazy. I'm really glad this could be solved in a day rather than the agonizing reinstall that I was bracing myself for.

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2008, 12:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.