PDA

View Full Version : Select connected?

Ethangar
04-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Still on importing from LW.
The plane comes in as one object. I'm looking seperate off the rudder, Elevator etc. In LW its easy to select a couple polys and hit the ] key to select all the polys that are attached to the selected ones. All I've been able to find in XSI is grow selection + key. This can get really tedious pressing that key again and again until the # of selected polys tops out. Is there a select connected in XSI or something similar?

Also are there any tuts that will point me in the right direction to rig a WWII plane? There is a lot out there on envelopes and bones etc. I just want the elevator and aileron to move, get the gear rotated down etc. There isn't anything soft body about it.

Hun
04-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Switch the selection mode to 'polygon island', select a polygon and *plopp* there's what you need.

Ethangar
04-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Figures... I was looking in the select drop down not in the one by sample.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar! And likely just saved me a lot of hours of hitting the + key :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2008, 08:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.