PDA

View Full Version : how to create this on cs3 ?

visualsuspekt
04-12-2008, 07:00 PM
i like to recreate this effect with photoshop....some kind of transparent balls project in space in different ways.....(you may have reconized the box for some application )...shake the attach file better than words...

excuse my english.....

a lost french..thanks

evanfotis
04-17-2008, 12:00 PM
either use a perspective view i a 3d application or AE, or go the manual way in PS, by arranging the spheres postion and scale by eye.

Dtox
04-20-2008, 10:58 PM
You should also be able to create a custom brush that will do this.
Problem with that is the opacity will be determined either by hand or by pressure from your tablet (if you use one) as you draw the sphere trail, which could cause it to be screwy.

Are you gonna apply this image to a box as in the image?
If so, best to use your 3D app as much as possible.

jtvergarav
04-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Tere is actually something you can do.

create the sphere in the center, then duplicate it from the layers tab, to have it on top of the other. ctrl+t it. Drag it a bit to the right, and scale it a litte bit, press enter. Then you ctrl+alt+shit+t and it should do the work.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5593/ballsbs0.jpg

hope that helps

Domarius
04-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Actually the best way to get the 3D effect for the dot placement is to create an array of dots on one layer, and duplicate and resize the entire layer every time - start big and work small so you don't get blurry.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u172/Domarius/spheres.jpg

I created the first layer placing the dots evenly apart, and then duplicated the layer, then selected the one underneath, and pressed ctrl+T for resize, and held shift+alt while dragging to ensure it stayed centered.
Repeat, using your eye to judge how much smaller each subsequent layer should be.
I also set all layers to 50% transparency and additive blending.

The best way to do this would be in a 3D app, where you have much more control over the final effect and can make huge changes quickly - like if you just made one circle texture in photoshop and tiled it across each pane, you'd only have to change the one texture in photoshop and every circle in the scene would update.

If I wanted to change the circle in this photoshop-only artwork now, I'd have to start all over again. I saved myself a bit of work by making the circles flat white circles and just using layer effects (inner glow, colour fill) so I can tweak an entire layer easily and copy the layer style to all the other layers, but that would take longer the more layers there are. In a 3D app it wouldn't matter how many there were - you can select them all and adjust their distance from each other with the resize tool in one second, stuff like that.

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2008, 11:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.