PDA

View Full Version : Problem in FUR...!

CreativeCriminals
04-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Guys i tried to take a fur reflection but its only possible in mentalray rendering... any one know how to take a fur reflection along with the object in software render???

and if i created a fur and above some distance i created bunch of bloby particles, if i render [software render] that in top view, fur is looking above the particles...

but this 2 problems can solve in Mentalray, is there any solution to render in software???

pls help me guys...

optimus008
04-14-2008, 03:50 AM
Shot in the dark, but are you using raytracing in software?

Top view render want work you have to create a new camera, does the same thing with fluids. i think its how the camera is setup, but i could and most likely be wrong.

CreativeCriminals
04-15-2008, 06:34 AM
Pls check this Attachment image..

is there any plugin or any script to solve this???

CreativeCriminals
04-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Any One Can Help Me!!

LuckyBug
04-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Try to render in different passes and comp it together.

fedayi
04-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey,
Fur, paint effects (grass and such) there all post renders (I believe thats the correct term, cant remember now).
which mean they render last.
So the computer renders everything first then slaps on the fur after, thats why its on top of the could in the render.
What I did in the shop I interned, when I was dealing with fur and grass and anything that renders in post is set up render layers.
if your only dealing with the cloud and fur

1st layer will have the cloud (in ur case), and lights (if u have)
2nd layer will have the fur, with the cloud set up as a black hole and lights (if you have)

To set up black hole, give ur cloud a lambert texture, in the attributes > matte opacity > matte opacity mode turn to black hole.

For a scene of what you showed, u dont need the black hole, but if you even have intersecting objects and the scene becomes more complicated, then I suggest u do have a black hole set up.

When you comp them. it will come together properly.

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2008, 08:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.