PDA

View Full Version : Hue/Saturation

LoZzA
05-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Heya all,
i know that the hue/saturation colors what ever you are making but i want with what i am making to have more than one color in it. like a gradient effect that blends into the next color. except hue/saturation only colors it one color, or as far as i know it does. is there any other ways of doin it? or is there a way of doin it with hue/saturation? thanks hope fully yous know what i mean :)

LoZzA :)

Ian Jones
05-12-2003, 09:53 AM
There are a few different ways:

Gradient Map:

Image > Adjust > Gradient Map : choose a gradient, or make one.

This essentialy uses the tonal range (between black and white) of your image and assigns different colours to particular sections of that tonal range. for example black could be replaced with red, and white could be replaced with blue. Anything imbetween, eg 50% grey would come out as 50% red and 50% blue... so it would look purple in the mid tone range.

Duotone:

Image > Mode > Grayscale

then

Image > Mode > Duotone : assign your colours to the tonal range.

Very similar concept to Gradient maps except that you have more control over which part of the tonal range your colours are targeted to.

Ther are other ways, but these ones are specifically designed for what you wanted. Hope that helps.

LoZzA
05-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Thanks alot for that Ian i will give those a go ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.