PDA

View Full Version : Particle direction

madcan
04-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I am making a shuttle crash and when shuttle contact the ground, particles emit from the ground. It's working well but with one problem: they are appearing on the wrong side of the ground. You can see the example scene as attachment. How do you think I can correct this?

Thanks and cheers.

dan1el
04-11-2008, 11:05 AM
change the direction in the particle emitters attributes... or rotate the emitter

madcan
04-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks dan1el,

Well particles emit by the result of an expression. Every time a connection is made between two rigid bodies, particles emit. So there is no emitter but the rigid body. Is there a way for a situation like that too?

Cheers.

smaragden
04-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Try to reverse the normals of the ground.

DJ_
04-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I've never used that type of "Collision Emission" cuz I've always heard that it is very slow. If I'm to make a wild guess here (if inverting the normals from ground as sugested didn't work): I guess you have an expression testing if object A collides with object B... try to invert the test, making it "if object B collides with object A".

If you want to try something else then expressions with rigid bodies:
http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/tutorials/collision_emission.html
I've used it before and works like a charm.

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2008, 02:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.