PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Opacity based on Velocity

FUoSS
04-10-2008, 11:02 PM
How would I go about creating a fluid simulation, fog for example, that either reflects more light or becomes more dense as its velocity increases. The goal here is to have an area of fog, and as objects travel through the fog it becomes more opaque, but as it dissipates and slows down, it begins to dissappear again.

I tried setting the opacity and the incandesense to "speed", and velocity is set to dynamic grid. Should I be seeing some results?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Aikiman
04-10-2008, 11:22 PM
yes, setting the opacity to speed does affect your opacity according to the fluids velocity but its the velocity within the fluid that has to be moving. Try turning on velocity draw to see what your fluid is doing, if there are no arrows, theres no velocity.

FUoSS
04-10-2008, 11:46 PM
That is a helpfull tip, I think seeing the visual representation of the velocity will help me a lot. Don't know why I didn't think of that.. thanks

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2008, 11:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.