PDA

View Full Version : Creating this peticular comet

spookypaul
04-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi, i am trying to create the comet in the image below using fluids with a bit of implode,
but really didnt manage to get the look as i wanted.

Can you help me?

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/comet_west.gif

Wick3dParticle
04-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey Paul,

Does it need to be in fluids?
I would consider trying out hardware particles, MultiStreaks in particular.

~Ilan

hkspowers
04-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey Paul,

Does it need to be in fluids?
I would consider trying out hardware particles, MultiStreaks in particular.

~Ilan

Yes I agree, this would be soooooo simple with multi streaks, and some compositing polishing could look pretty dead on.

spookypaul
04-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the quick answers.

I don't have to use fluids. I can use any technique as long I get that look.

The particle/multi streak ideea sounds really good. I have some basic knowledge on how to work with them. Are there any guide lines I should take into consideration?

Paul

hkspowers
04-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Just remember that streaks tail size depends largely on the speed of the particles. It's a sensitive attribute so be gentle. Also remember to turn on color accumulation, so you get the hot core but careful this also this depends on the distance from camera (well it actually depends on where the particles overlap, which in turn means the further away you get the more overlap) so keep this in mind when you choose your camera animations, you don't want to blow out your comet.

hope this helps

Aikiman
04-11-2008, 12:10 AM
play with opacityPP to control the color accum.

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2008, 12:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.