PDA

View Full Version : Paint weights issue

abhilashsrinivas
04-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi..

I have this typical problem with paint weights in maya. I have a bulky,heavy and fatty character.I have rigged the model but while working on paint weights, they are not holding to the area i had painted.

for example i paint a certain area lets say in the spine and the pelvis area.once that is finished i switch to the neck and the head portion.when i get back to the pelvis and the spine area...the paint weights wht i had done in that spine and pelvis portion is not there now...rather the paint weights are the same as it was before i did the paint.

i have tried working with component editor and tried holding the weights using the hold option available.around in 2002 someone faced the same problem abt which i read in a forum,the answer was to use normalize weights before the paint weights are started.i tried doing that also but still the problem continues...tried deleting the prefrences of maya, still not working.

Any expert help on it....kindly guide...

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2008, 09:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.