PDA

View Full Version : Click if you feel like it

Daveaustin
04-19-2002, 07:48 PM
final render of my Mars Raider remote controlled car...
i've been adicted to toon shader recently so you might see a few posted images of mine with the dreaded black lines :)

i'd welcome any feedback on this image.. i've posted pics before and not had much luck with replies..
So come on, let the insults fly :thumbsup:

cheers in advance

aisson
04-19-2002, 08:19 PM
Well...
Nice work!Looks realy good!

mori_leo
04-19-2002, 08:58 PM
Your design is so great!
I like it.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Daveaustin
04-19-2002, 09:51 PM
Cheers everyone.... I wasn't expecting such praise!

is there anything at all that you would change about the pic? because i'm at a loss at the mo...

Daveaustin
04-19-2002, 10:16 PM
just a small update for you all...
from a diff angle this time.. still stuck on the toon shader though

jeremy weldon
04-20-2002, 02:26 AM
it reminds me of my first remote controll car i got for my 10th
birthday, mine was red though, this image has an interesting look!

Daveaustin
04-20-2002, 05:15 PM
yeh I think it's one of those cars that everyone seems to have at one point in their life.. especially as a kid.. I know i had a black one

the actual project is aiming for photorealism.. but I thought i'd experiment with a different style, just to see what happens.. seems to be pretty successful so far :thumbsup:

seeing as i'm a pretty new user to XSi, the modelling and texturing took me the best part of a week.. I don't know if that's good, but i was quite chuffed with it :D

Error323
04-20-2002, 10:01 PM
Hahaha this 1 is really cool... I have 1 of those cars myself too... making tracks in the backyard.. tape around the backweels for spinning :P Ooh yeah.. those were the days :p

Daveaustin
04-21-2002, 03:03 AM
:D I seem to remember the one i used to have was so fast it could overtake cars.... but in actual fact it probably went about as fast as a learner driver and had a turning circle of a bus :wip:

...obviously not one of the expensive ones!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.