PDA

View Full Version : Sam's Club to Sell $14.7K All-Access Tickets to Pixar

RobertoOrtiz
04-09-2008, 03:09 PM
American Discount retailer Sam's Club will be selling a $14,700 Once-in-a-Lifetime Package Disney/Pixar Animation Lover’s Dream Vacation Behind The Scenes Access Pass (http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=11605) to benefit juvenile diabetes research.

The Golden ticket for four people includes airfare, transportation, and lodging for a 5 day/4 night trip to Emeryville, CA, for tours of the Pixar and Walt Disney Studios, a private screening of The Pixar Story, lunch at the executive dining room on the Disney lot, and tickets to the world premiere of WALL•E. The tickets will go on sale after 10:00 PM CDT on April 9, 2008.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=11605

mushroomgod
04-09-2008, 03:20 PM
split 4 ways for a 4-5 day trip....that will sell in no time :)

x70
04-09-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm game Who else wants in?

DigitalBlaspheme
04-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Trip of a life time indeed. To bad noone that I know well enough, so I have no worries about investing 1/4 of that steep price, is even remotely interested in my obsession. There is even less of a chance of my wife allowing me to front the whole thing myself. Another tease for me....:(

Artbot
04-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I laughed when I read "a 5 day/4 night trip to Emeryville, CA". Anyone who's been to E-ville knows what I'm saying. There's no "there" there.

And are they referring to Pixar as "Walt Disney Studios", or do you then get on a plane to Burbank? Last I heard, Pixar and WDS are 350 miles apart.

Titus
04-09-2008, 06:52 PM
I laughed when I read "a 5 day/4 night trip to Emeryville, CA". Anyone who's been to E-ville knows what I'm saying. There's no "there" there.

Well, there's Chyron. You can try to do a visit there and get some cancer :D.

Artbot
04-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Well, there's Chyron. You can try to do a visit there and get some cancer :D.

And don't miss the IKEA store. And that cafe across from Pixar with the really bad service. Oh, but I like The Townhouse restaurant - I met my future wife there!

AJ
04-09-2008, 08:19 PM
There's no "there" there.
Well we've established there's meatballs, self-assembly furniture & cancer...

It sounds awesome!

Rotary7
04-10-2008, 04:12 AM
And don't miss the IKEA store. And that cafe across from Pixar with the really bad service. Oh, but I like The Townhouse restaurant - I met my future wife there!

Don't forget about the fine living in Oakland a few blocks away....or perhaps one of the many warehouses next door.

Oddgit
04-10-2008, 05:35 AM
Haha yeah Pixar is in an odd location, I meet my teacher out there sometimes and i always think its funny that its plunked down in the middle of random businesses and warehouses, i have not yet ate at the Café but there is a baskin robins right near it that i like to stop at on my way home =D

And what if the person that buys the ticket lives near Ememryville do you go to SFO then fly to Oakland =D Kinda like when i won a trip to the state capitol when i was a wee one for some art contest, i grew up in the capitol city of CA :/

malducin
04-10-2008, 06:04 AM
Haha yeah Pixar is in an odd location, I meet my teacher out there sometimes and i always think its funny that its plunked down in the middle of random businesses and warehouses, i have not yet ate at the Café but there is a baskin robins right near it that i like to stop at on my way home =D

Well at least it's a nice clean new (if simple looking from outside) building. Though probably Point Richmond was a much nicer location. In any case you can also take a look at the Bay Bridge and Oakland Navy Yards :-P.

jewalker
04-10-2008, 06:47 PM
And are they referring to Pixar as "Walt Disney Studios", or do you then get on a plane to Burbank? Last I heard, Pixar and WDS are 350 miles apart.

They also refer to dining in the executive cafe on the Disney Lot. I take that to mean The Rotunda in the Michael Eisner building (formerly Team Disney building) in Burbank. I'm guessing they are going to split their trip between Emeryville and Burbank.

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2008, 06:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.