PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut Server - Now Shipping

Rhs_CG
04-09-2008, 05:28 AM
"Apple today announced that it has begun shipping Final Cut Server, a powerful software solution for media asset management and workflow automation. A scaleable server application, Final Cut Server automatically catalogs large collections of assets, allows searching across multiple disks and SAN volumes, and enables viewing, annotation and approval of content from anywhere using a PC or Mac. “With the introduction of Final Cut Server, collaboration just got a whole lot easier for millions of editors, producers and clients who work with Final Cut Studio,” said Rob Schoeben, Apple’s vice president of Applications Product Marketing. [Apr 08, 2008]"

http://www.apple.com/finalcutserver/

Venkman
04-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Anyone use this yet? We're looking for an asset management server that doesn't cost $10,000 and still works decently. We're a mac shop, so I don't think hardware is an issue.

I'd love to hear any impressions.

jbradley
04-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I'd like to know more about FCS myself.

Like, what about the scripting capabilities of the system? Managing the content is one thing, but what about a web-based system that can use some API/scripting to interrogate and deal with the data in the app? I guess one could just use the Postgres SQL database it comes with and interrogate that but, that's generally not a good idea.

Proximity's Artbox and Xeno-something (repackaged as FCS now) had a whole web-layer that could be integrated.

If I find out any more information i'll be sure to post it up here.

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2008, 02:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.