PDA

View Full Version : Animation Demo Reel 2008

humbertoebp
04-09-2008, 03:39 AM
Hi Everyone,

My names Humberto and just graduated from Full Sail. I'm hoping to get some input on my first demo reel. :)
Please leave your comments and constructive critiques! :)

here's the link >> www.makemotion.com (http://www.makemotion.com/) ( it's right on the front page, just click play)

Thanks in advance for checking it out!
- Berto

DWheezy
04-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Hi Berto!

Nice reel. I particularly think you did a good job with the ninja acrobatics in the beginning - very nice.

My biggest critique would be on your last scene... I think you have a nice run there with the dog, but because of the lighting and staging of the scene, I don't think it shines as much as it could. It's dark and difficult to see the limbs and the ears, and my eye was immediately disctacted by the image that was being projected on the wall. I really think you should keep from doing anything that takes the viewer away from the dog's run, which, from what I could make out, looked really nice.

I'm just a student myself, so perhaps some of the other guys on here have more to say - but that was what really stuck out to me.

Keep animating! Looking nice.

uiwillwin
04-11-2008, 08:17 PM
hahaha we got no FOOD! we got no JOBS! our pets HEADS ARE FALLING OFF! great choice

MikeYork
04-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey Berto,

Very nice edit and overall feel to your reel :-) I really liked the dog cycle as well but I would have to agree with DWheezy that right away my mind and eye went "Ohh man I can't see his feet" :-(

On your 2nd shot with the JIm Carrey dialog I feel that you are not pushing enough really sell that ending "Our pets heads are falling off" Maybe even trying out some new poses in the end to try and get a better read of that emotion!

Great Stuff man very inspiring Keep It UP I'll be checking out your stuff in the future

mcgow
04-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Nice work on the animation. I think the ninja scene was pretty good. Keep up the good work.

humbertoebp
04-16-2008, 07:33 AM
Thanks for all the constructive critiques so far guys, I'll take it all into account and will fix it for an updated version of the reel.

Abazaba
04-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Pretty good reel. For me, the weight was off. The ninja stutters in his overall horizontal translation. The music is too epic for the mood of your anims as well.

Definately shows promise for sure. Best of luck

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2008, 01:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.