PDA

View Full Version : Help with order of select/collision/fields with Rigid shatter please

Bombata
04-09-2008, 03:29 AM
Im trying to use the maya shatter effect to shatter a number and have the shards collide with another surface. Also would like to have the shards react to gravity/fileds etc. I cant seem to get things working quite right and think it comes down to my initial setup selection order.

Do I create a shattered object then add a field then make the rigids collide? Nothing seems to be working for me atm.

A explanation of process would be awesome.

On a smaller test scene I got it working with a solid shatter where the shards collided with a plane but I can't remember the order I did things in. Please help.

:)

Aikiman
04-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Hey, the order is pretty straight forward, make sure you delete history on your object before you use shatter. Try using a low setting for number of pieces to shatter, then repeat the shatter process on those smaller pieces I think is generally better.

Then you can either convert them to rigids and add a field, or just select your shattered pieces and add a field, Maya will automatically create rigids out of them all.

Bombata
04-11-2008, 02:30 AM
Thanks, I'll givie it a go.

:)

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2008, 02:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.