PDA

View Full Version : lighting up a dark city

khalid1357
04-09-2008, 03:21 AM
hi im trying to light up a city in after effects its a day shot that i turn to night.

but im stuck trying to light it up, i allreday tried uding glow/lense flare but it dosent work good.

can any1 helpp me out?

dwigfor
04-09-2008, 08:07 PM
try doing a search for day night tutorials. Also, maybe there's something in the Challenges section on here.

suztv
04-10-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure of what you are asking but I will try and answer -

Turning a night shot into day - difficult, especially if the night shot has grain or noise - which most of them do, you could try a combination of levels, curves and shadow/highlight, but your shot will dictate whether or not you will be able to achieve any results.

Turning a day shot into night - Andrew Kramer (video god that he is) has posted a very well thought out tutorial on this here: http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials.html?id=1

If you are saying that you had a day shot that you turned into night and now you have to turn it back - use a cross-fade with the original footage and maybe some levels and shine? I don't know because I would need to see the footage.

I would post images or screenshots of your footage and screens of what you want to achieve. You might get more answers that way - just a thought.

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2008, 04:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.