PDA

View Full Version : Help! Masking Problems

xmb
05-11-2003, 07:22 PM
i dont know why and what i did wrong probably, but the masking isnt working anymore. no matter what kind of layer i mask, it just plain black in the masking window instead displaying the masked area in the mask-lasso...

???

rodders
05-12-2003, 06:25 AM
Hi XMB.
I can only presume you are in one view mode( Draw mask layer view)try changing to two view mode one for your draw mask and the other in composite mode.highlight the draw mask operator in your workspace,then go to your mask controls,un check the invert button,if you have a second layer just click on/off the invert button you should see a change.
good luck.
Rod.

FxWhizKid
06-01-2003, 04:02 AM
it might also be a display problem.... try right clicking in the display window and changing your view mode

it tend to mask in the color only view mode and when i'm done i check it in alpha overlay mode then double check in transparent and when its time to render i change it back to normal... don't know if that will help... good luck

leova
06-01-2003, 05:59 AM
hi xmb
as an idea...very simple...but still can make you this kind of trouble...
please click right button when your mouse over display, BE SURE that "Show Wireframe Icons" is check ON !!!
if it not you just can see anything that wireframe (you can't see lasso...) you will see just black.
hope it will help.
leova.

hndiw
06-01-2003, 05:22 PM
Hy XMB
In combustion, but in any other program, is very important to know exactly your position, where you stand. You have to be very attentive to this .. in what view position youa are, on which layer you are working ..
when working with masks try setting ,,outlines only" for the mask.
Have fun.
Istvan

dg
06-02-2003, 09:16 AM
Hi,

Check your combustion version and if not 2.11 in case of version 2, make the update since it corrects some problems dealing with masks.

See Ya!:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.