PDA

View Full Version : JS Fast leg rig HEEL pivot?

LucentDreams
05-11-2003, 06:51 PM
Hey all, haven't been posting here much but been learning a lot from al of you. My question is regarding Jason's Leg rig from his second DVD, which I have now built successfully in Cinema 4D. My question is regarding a heel pivot Having the fooot control axis at the ankle is great, and different from how I've always done it in the past, but now I"m finding while doing a small animation test, that the only way to pivot on the heel is to manually positions everything each frame, which is not ideal, if there a way I could also build in a heel pivot that I"m missing? I've though about making everything thats child of foot control child of a heel pivot, then making Heelpivot a child of foot control and creating a slider to control both a heel Lift (rotate X) and though typicaly you wouldn't need it (my heel protrudes back a bit) a heel twist (usually you'd still rotate Y on the foot control for turning on the heel) So I tried this, and it failed miserably I"m not sure why, Anyideas as to how it should be done, I dont' see why it can't.

seasterling
05-12-2003, 05:07 AM
In Maya I'd just add another group to the foot's control hierarchy and place its pivot at the heel.

jschleifer
05-12-2003, 10:51 PM
heya!

yep, no reason not to.. if you want a heel pivot, simply put one there and use it as you would any other control. That was the point of the rig, not to show the ONLY way to do it, but to teach you how to make and modify rigs to work for you the way YOU want them to. :)

-jason

LucentDreams
05-12-2003, 11:08 PM
okay so what I've done is made it child of the foot control, the axis of it being of course at the heels base. Then I placed all the childs of the foot control into the heel control (they will still work fine of course. Problem is if I then rotate the heel on X, it sort of works, but the ankle IK is distancing from the Ankle joint (just like when you lift the body away from the actual foot control the foot actually leaves the IK targets.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.