PDA

View Full Version : -Mini-, Young HAHN (3D)

MidnightRunner
04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/166354/166354_1207687058_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/166354/166354_1207687058_large.jpg)

Title: -Mini-
Name: Young HAHN
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop

Hey guys, This is my second attempt to make a car in Max and I had fun. Done in Max and Photoshop for colour correction.
Thanks

eyeayen
04-09-2008, 11:56 PM
hhhmmm, mixed feelings about this.

Cool you have a car done, and it's a mini so even better ( I miss my mini ! )

The paint shader on the bonnet is great, I work with paint every day and it looks spot on, nice metallic to it ! But it doesn't look dirty like the rest of the car.

Then the windows, wheels and all chrome ( grill, lights etc ) are mint, they need dirtying up or the paint needs cleaning up, one or the other, it doesn't work with both.

The modelling looks great and accurate, nice details, is the rear wheel in line though, looks like it's turning ( 4 wheel steering mini perhaps ? ), it could just be the shadows or the flaired arch with the way the light hits it but the hub doesn't look true ?

Good effort but those points would take it from being good to excellent :D

Nazafi
04-10-2008, 05:54 AM
wow congrates man.. amazing work.. but still have some concerns..

1. i dont know y u black taped the headlight.. cos the car headlight give some thing more atraction to any peace of automobile..

2. and it looks more contrast.. so most of the parts arent visible.. since u r model is perfect i think u should exibit wat u did there rather then darkning up

3. the wind screen looks so flat.. may less of reflection.. i meent not like a mirror.. but light reflection with a distrotion might do the work... i think its cos of u r hdri

4. and i think u can improve the radiator grills... i meant the materials...

o ther than that its perfect man... i like the way u model and the details.... if u have purposelly did all the concerns i have told... thats fine.. but as a viewer those r my thought where u can work on it and improve the great art work or model of u rs.

i like to see u this in a better light man.. all the best

eyeayen
04-10-2008, 09:02 AM
I liked the tape on the lights, I thought it was a nice detail, I'm guessing this is due to it being a race car ( denoted by the number on the side and the chunky rally tyre tred that's visible on the other front tyre ), race cars aren't allowed lights as they break and leave glass over the track which could be dangerous for oher cars hence the taped lights, although I could be wrong, maybe it was done for a different reason ?

MidnightRunner
04-10-2008, 02:31 PM
I liked the tape on the lights, I thought it was a nice detail, I'm guessing this is due to it being a race car ( denoted by the number on the side and the chunky rally tyre tred that's visible on the other front tyre ), race cars aren't allowed lights as they break and leave glass over the track which could be dangerous for oher cars hence the taped lights, although I could be wrong, maybe it was done for a different reason ?

Hey eyeayen, Nazafi: Thanks for the awesome advice guys! And yeah I wanted to create this piece as a racing car, but apparently it's too clean. About the tape on the lights, yeah eyeayen explains it correctly and I will attatched the reference photo. Again thanks so much guys, Now I know what to do/not to do on my next work. Cheers!
http://www.andy1.packham.btinternet.co.uk/driverpro1.jpg

Dasun
04-15-2008, 07:09 AM
Hey!!

i have lil thing to tell abt u'r car, the Bonnet , Grill, and the Wind shield arms are little off to me. and finally the rear part, it should more rounder shape . others are perfect man!!!

i love mini's very much & had a mini like this. u can check abt the mini's here www.mightymini.lk (http://www.mightymini.lk)

CGTalk Moderation
04-15-2008, 07:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.