PDA

View Full Version : Selection Handle?

[GFS]snoopy
04-19-2002, 07:33 PM
Is there a kind of 'selection handle' in XSI, similar to the one in Maya, so that I can easily pick the joints inside my character?

Thanks
[GFS]snoopy

stipen
04-19-2002, 08:10 PM
I 'm not sure to anderstand what you refer to (cause I don't know maya )....but you can choose in this menu whatever you want to be selectable or not.
You can work with different layers too...one layer for the mesh and another for the skeleton!!

steurba
04-19-2002, 08:44 PM
No, sorry, there is no selction handle in xsi, but there is another stuff to simplify bones selection:

Select your bone(s), open property with 'Selection' key (on the middle right of main interface) and click on 'Chain bone' icon.

Once the chain bone property page is open, enable the 'Display Shadow Radius' and use the slider named 'Shadow Radius' to set the dimension of bone(s).
This feature allow you to choose the dimension of bone display.

Hope this helps

Ciao

Ste

Atyss
04-19-2002, 09:53 PM
Another thing you should get used to when working with character and complex hierarchies is to use the Schematic View.

This is a graphical representation of your hierarchy. What you should do is to make all effectors orange and all roots black, control objects red and green, so you can find easily your objects in the whole tree.

A quick way to use the Schematic View is to hit 9, then scale it to occupy the whole screen, and double-click on the top bar to close/open it. You can pan/zoom in the Schematic, as well as frame (F key) your selection or view all (A key).

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

[GFS]snoopy
04-20-2002, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the infos. I'll try it immediatly. :)

[GFS]snoopy

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.