PDA

View Full Version : Particle animtion not updating :(

fyckfaco
04-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Im a bit of a noob at particles but from what i can see i havent done anything incorrect.
Here is goes:

I have a logo which i am breaking into pieces with pflow. I have cut a version of the logo into peices with pro cutter (pieces01-pieces100), and im using a pflow birth script that refers to all these objects as particles. (Center pivot and reset xform is done)
Before and during the logo's particle animation however, i want it to animate as a whole, ie flex stretch rotate etc.
What i have done is link all the geometry (pieces01-pieces100) that the birth script looks at, to an animted Dummy object.
This works fine.... But only if i maually put the time slider backwards :O When it plays normally or renders, the animation isnt there, the dummy just animates on its own. Only the particle animation works :(
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/452/issuesle6.jpg
I have played about with cache and all kinds of things, but i cant get it to work.

At the moment my only idea is to f9 the first 50 frames, as this seems to work with both object and particle animation.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Or is there another way to do what i am trying?

TY

CGTalk Moderation
04-08-2008, 01:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.