PDA

View Full Version : Motiobuilder and lightwave together

benjii19
05-11-2003, 04:04 PM
Hi all, I just bought a copy of Digit magazine which comes with MotionBuilder and a full 1 yr license. Can't wait to give it a go.
I am currently getting my head aroung rigging in Lightwave 7.5 but I think its a bit of a bitch. I want to be ale to have IK and FK blending without the hassle of doing it in lightwave. Just a few questions can I animate in Motionbuilder and then put the animated scene back into Lightwave? Can I import a scene into motionbuilder so that I know how I want my character to interact with surroundings, say opening a door or picking up a box that kind of thing?
These may all seem like stupid questions but id like to know all the same.

Cheers
Ben

Michel Besner
05-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Yes and yes.

Using the free FBX plug-in for LW, you can bring a LW scene in MOTIONBUILDER and then "merge back" your animation in LW.

M.

sinbad
05-12-2003, 04:27 PM
ok, I've plotted the control rig to the skeleton in MB and exported the fbx animation only file... How do I import this into LightWave... I can't find an "import" function in LW such as the one in Maya...(ie..how do I "merge back?)

anyone know??

paul.

Michel Besner
05-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Did you install the FBX plug-in ?
You can download it at http://www.kaydara.com/support/download/index.php

M.

sinbad
05-13-2003, 11:22 AM
yes, but it seems to only be able to "export fbx", not import them.
Is there another plugin (.p) file for importing fbx files which I may have missed?

thanks Michel

paul

Michel Besner
05-13-2003, 12:43 PM
There should be one, may I suggest that you re-post your question at Kaydara official FBX forum www.kaydara.com/customer_services/forum ...

Thanks !

M.

illustrativ
05-13-2003, 02:57 PM
Since there is a Kaydara rep. on CgTalk, i dont know if you could give me some help with my liscence. I got my motionbuilder with Digit Magazine in the UK, i installed it and sent in the registration, i received a email with my machine ID a different number and the liscense key i got wont be accepted into MotionBuilder because the Machine ID is different from the one my Computer has on it. I have filled out a form at Kaydara, but yet to get a reply, could you tell me what to do to get the right liscense please?

illustrativ
05-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Ok no need to worry anymore, i have just reregistered and i got the right liscence this time, but could you delete the first 1 i got from your system so that when i am going to purchase the software for permanent liscence, i wont pay for the wrong one. And is it suppose to be saying Personal Learning Edition, eventhough the magazine say its suppose to be a 1 year full commercial liscence?

sinbad
05-13-2003, 03:09 PM
yeah mine says PLE , and I paid the $100.

paul

chikega
05-25-2003, 06:06 PM
I'm sure you've figured this out by now, Sinbad...

But just in case anyone else runs into this problem ... the fbxlw70.p or fbxlw75.p (for LW 7 and 7.5) are found by default in the Kaydara/fbxplugins folder after you install the FBXPlugins.exe.

Load the *.p plugins through Layout and you should see three plugins in your Scene>Utilities>Generics

Export to FBX
Import from FBX
Merge with FBX

It's all on page 12 in the "FBX_plugins_38.pdf" file.

Hope that helps.

Gary
http://www.3ddmd.com

roguenroll
05-30-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by sinbad
yes, but it seems to only be able to "export fbx", not import them.
Is there another plugin (.p) file for importing fbx files which I may have missed?

thanks Michel

paul

there are 3 in one.

FBX export
FBX import
FBX merge

they maybe scattered around, look in plug list then set up a new panel on LW interface thats what I did.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.