PDA

View Full Version : Mental ray log file

augustus
05-11-2003, 02:54 PM
I'm trying to render a polygonal object with Mental Ray. But everytime i get a message like "Rendering aborted. See the log". There is nothing in the Maya log file. I cant find any other log file in program directory or My documents/maya directory. Where is this log file?

Thanks.

wgreenlee1
05-11-2003, 05:58 PM
I wonder if its refering to the output window...perhaps?

augustus
05-12-2003, 06:37 AM
No, there is nothing on it. I can't render, and i don't know why:annoyed:

augustus
05-12-2003, 09:06 PM
I couldn't find what the problem is, but i found where the froblem is:hmm: If you're tring to render a polygonal object with displacement map, and all you get is a mysterious error message, use the Mental Ray method of displacement mapping, instead of Maya method. I couldn't get a fine displacemet yet, but it works:shrug:

katon
05-13-2003, 05:46 AM
you know there is a menatl ray log file but you have to unlock it kind of. i have found it before and now i forget where it is. but in one of the options you can tell it to output a window like the output window. i know this is not any help but i will look for it and try to find it. it has just slipped yb me now. cause i need it also and cant find it for some reason. keep me posted if you find it. :beer:

i hope that is what you were actualy talkin about.

peace

augustus
05-13-2003, 06:34 AM
Well, you can get detailed messages on output windows, but i couldn't find any info with this way:annoyed:

protohiro
05-16-2003, 08:12 PM
I had this same problem, I couldn't find the log but I did find an anwser in the output window (maya 5.0):

API 0.0 error 301090: while defining instance "pPlane5": undefined material symbol "blinn9SG"

So I selected "pPlane5" and discovered it had an empty SG node attached to it (no material was defined). Maya just skips the surface in this instance, but MR bails for some reason. So thats ANOTHER thing to look out for with MR.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.