PDA

View Full Version : Max 2009 Quiet Release?

ThommyBoy
04-08-2008, 01:43 AM
I see no posts for the full release of Max 2009,yet I recieved the Subscription upgrade Saturday. Audodesk usually issues a press release, hmmm. I saw the DEMO post but nothing else.

The Cube and Zoom Gizmo's in the viewports are very cool to use so far.

Cheers, THOM

erilaz
04-08-2008, 01:48 AM
When the demo is released, the product is shipping and available.

DogBreath
04-08-2008, 07:02 AM
Tell us what you found useful about the steering wheel and the viewport cube, I'm interested to know whether others are finding them helpful in situations that I am not using them.

I've turned them off, they take up screen real estate and the ctrls that I have for these functions are way superior IMHO, maybe its just because they are familiar. I can see that they would free up some keys for other things though if you needed that.

bardur
04-08-2008, 09:31 AM
I too turned the steeringwheel off.. for me there is Nooo need for it.. me and a friend were actualy laughing pretty badly because it was so darn useless.. atleast when you know the viewport navigation shortcuts ;) ..
but i have the viewcube on.. just turned down to a much smaller size - i like to quickly be able to go to these different views in the perspectiv view

aaraaf
04-08-2008, 01:36 PM
The most useful thing I can see for the steering wheel is if you are on a touch or pen monitor without full keyboard... like a tablet pc or slate.

It might also be nice to let up on the death grip of the ctrl and alt keys.

I'll have to see if I can speed it into production, though. I'm still waiting for the disc to do a full install... I've got some other stuff to keep me busy until it shows up.

DogBreath
04-09-2008, 05:50 AM
It free'd up the ctrl key and then I found there was no shortcut for the full steering wheel, the full mini wheel was quite cool. I thought I might put that in the main quad, but I could'nt find it in the All Commands list. I tried searching The (User Reference) Help file for Steering wheel before I found it in the views menu, but there was no entry for it.

The Steering Wheels are in the Groups drop down list in the customise user interface dialogue box, I'm trying to create a shortcut that will enable the steering wheel, but I'm not succeeding yet, and I can't seem to turn the wheel on at all.

There were a few other cool things on the new features vids that I've watched so far, self illuminating materials that cast light and shadows in view ports are two that spring to mind and local bone rotations, I bet we see lots of advertisement featuring tenticles in the next 12 months.

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2008, 05:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.