PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is a property fixup!?

lakehaze
04-19-2002, 07:30 PM
I mean seriously, what the hell is it. They always add up on my enveloped character and only go away with the delete key. But when deleted, there is no effect. Somebody please help me understand these annoying little prop fixups!

EdHarriss
04-20-2002, 07:19 PM
PropertyFixUp nodes are created when a scene with minor corruption is loaded into XSI 2.x. e.g:In 1.5.x it was possible to create an object which had a local property shared between many objects..not strictly legal(you can share a property,but you can only have one "real" owner). When a scene with such a property is loaded into XSI 2.0 it attempts to fix the illegal property by creating a group containing the objects and applying the property to the group. It could also arise sometimes when doing delete selected operation and then undoing it. The first time a scene is loaded in the fixes appear and can be dealt with by the user, they should not then keep reappearing. Hope this helps. (Thanks to Jacob Varghese for this one)

lakehaze
04-30-2002, 08:49 PM
could sending files over a network create prop fixups?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.