This is my new character Håkan the viking
http://www.luizfelippecavalcanti.hpg.com.br/hakan_the_viking.jpg

Any comments will be welcome.

Bets regards...

parallax
01-10-2002, 02:42 PM
Marvelous picture.
Nice colours, nice POV.
Some parts seem to lack a bump map though, but it befits the style.

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-10-2002, 02:54 PM
Thank you Parallax!

Yes, I also miss some bump mapping and I'm trying to improove it right now, as well as the environment and lightning that I'm trying to improove, ( I'm still looking for the best balance of colors for this scene) ... I'm currently finnishing the skinning and the morph targets, and I'll post an animation of him as soon as possible...

best regards...

Michael
01-10-2002, 05:25 PM
Hi there Luiz
Pretty nice character.
But I find the face a little eeeh "weak" needs more roughening up, stronger features, especially the nose.
My reason is: because its not the way I pictured a viking, but thats just my prefs.
The rest of him I really like :)
BTW Its usually Håkon with an "O" not neccesarily tho.
Like Håkon Håkonsen, Håkon den gode (The good or Nice, kind) etc.

Michael

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-10-2002, 05:46 PM
Tack så mycket Michael!

Men det är så mycket svårt att lära sig en Nordiska språket här i Brasilien... ehehe... Det var en Svensk vän av mig som säga att kallar han Håkan...

There are some changes I really like to make to this character... and I agree with you when you say I should raise Håkan's nose...
I also plan to change his hair, to obtain a more pronounced chin...

best regards,

keenerbean
01-10-2002, 06:06 PM
I love his little hat.

log
01-10-2002, 06:11 PM
Häftig bild!
Håkan är rättstavat (ser att det är de svenska färgerna på skölden)
Tycker att du verkar kunna hantera det svenska språket mycket bra! Är imponerad! =)

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-10-2002, 06:37 PM
Tackar, Tackar!!

Hej Log!

Ja! Det är så svårt att lära sig det Svenska här... Vi pratar bara på Portugiska här, och det är så mycket olika ditt språket... Jag hade en flickvän som bor i Stockholm, och det är därför att jag lära sig det Svenska...

Yes, the Swedish flag is really in his shield!... I really love the Nordic culture and people, I guess we have a lot to learn with the Viking culture... That's why I modeled Håkan...

best regards,

Michael
01-11-2002, 09:28 AM
WOOT? a Brazilian who speaks swedish :)
Jeg er forøvrig norsk, norrbaggare
Så ikke at det var svenske farger i flagget, så da er nok Håkan mer riktig, mer svensk.

English: Didnt notice the swedish flag in the shield, so if he is Swedish, Håkan is more correct
For non scandi countries: Hold Alt and type 145 and then release to get the "æ" 134 for "å" dont remember the ø
Type the numbers on the numpad... :)

Michael

epatnor
01-11-2002, 11:04 AM
Du har verkligen lyckats skapa en riktig viking! I really like him, and you managed to light him very well too.

Good work Luiz!

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-11-2002, 12:46 PM
Tackar andra gången!

Jag blev så glad när du säger du njöt min bild!

I'm also very honored when you say that Håkan should be a role-model for all Swedes, and Nordic people as well... :)
So, I'll try to make a nice animation with him as soon as possible, I have not yet figured out how should the scenary look like, and I'm trying to plan a funny animation with him, and I'm currently trying to plan the story for a very short movie.... If you have any suggestion, I would appreciate to listen..

Muito obrigado desde já, e agradeço a atenção de todos...

( Portugiska är mycket svårt också, hein?? :) )

best regards,

Rabid pitbull
01-12-2002, 02:29 AM
cool model!

I have only one complaint. Real vikings didnt have horned helmets!! Also it seems way too small as well.

Oh well, I guess pop culture strikes again.:D He is full of character though great work.

-JT-
01-12-2002, 03:22 AM
Haha i love his style ! :D
As it's been said the face is not as the level of the rest, and maybe the lighting could be better too, but the overall picture is really good.
By the way what software did you use ?

Keep on the good work.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.