PDA

View Full Version : Text and selection tools not working

UMG
04-06-2008, 07:35 AM
First off, im in, poly selection mode, (for example), I left click and drag over my model and nothing happens.

Is there a way to choose what "axis" the loop select tool uses? I had a cylinder with a bunch of rings going up and down. I connected this rings (so basically now, I have "boxes" around the cylinder) and when I double click on a horizontal edge, it selects a box instead of the loop around the sphere.

Second off all, whenever I use the text tool, nothing happens. I select the tool, choose a font, and a size, and left click in the 3d viewport and nothing at all happens.

I cant seem to be able to set a background either, I click "load image" and choose my pic, but when I click on it's thumbnail, nothing happens.

Another wierd thing.. The "Y" axis of my rotation seems to be invertrted. Moving the mouse up rotates the view "down" and vise versa.

EDIT : If someone could point me to a tutorial for booleans, I'de appreciate it.

UMG
04-07-2008, 04:56 AM
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Grolicus
04-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Right, I'm not an expert (and I can't reproduce your first problem) but since no one seems to answer, I'll give it a go:

Problem 2: no idea, but you did enter your text at the left in the Text label, just above "font"?

Problem 3 : just loading an image alone won't do it, an image could be used for a lot of other things. Either drag a picture directly from outside Modo (for example from your desktop) into the viewport , or choose a new Background Item in the Items List (right-clicking the Backdrop Item will give you access to it's properties and let you load an image).

Problem 4 : Viewport rotation can be set through System/Preferences/Display/OpenGL/Viewport rotation.

While you're there, check if your first problem is related to the direction of the Up-axis (System/Preferences/Input/OpenGL/Accuracy/Coordinate system), or the Workplane preferences (System/Preferences/Input/Workplane).

If this doesn't cut it, perhaps you could ask the very nice and friendly people at the Luxology forum.

Grolicus
04-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Concerning your Edit: don't know about a specific Modo booleans tutorial, but pushing F1 and clicking the Booleans command (in the Mesh Edit list) will explain the theory and the Modo commands.

If on the other hand you're looking for a video explaining the principles, I'm gonna have to do something awkward and refer you to a Lightwave video tutorial by William Vaughn about booleans: ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/WV_LightwaveTraining.html (look for ID037). It's highly similar to Modo's way of doing booleans.

UMG
04-14-2008, 03:21 AM
I've loaded an imagine with the second drop down in the viewport. It's there, yet I click it and nothing happens.

When I go view=> adjust viewport image, it says "none."

In the items menu, it says that there are two back drop items, yet none of them are visible.

:shrug:

Grolicus
04-14-2008, 09:41 AM
I copied your actions and everything works fine here.
The only thing I can think of, is that after you clicked "view=> adjust viewport image", you simply have to click the background image in the viewport and some handles will appear in the viewport. If not, at the left an input panel should appear entitled "Background image 3D".

And by the way, if you load a background with the second dropdown in the viewport, you don't have to leave it and then click "view=> adjust viewport image": the last button of this viewport dropdown also reads "adjust background image".

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2008, 09:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.