PDA

View Full Version : Hellboy2 New Trailer

RobertoOrtiz
04-03-2008, 08:01 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/7254432/standardformat/

heavyness
04-03-2008, 09:17 PM
nice. lots more creatures! can't wait, loved the first movie.

depleteD
04-03-2008, 09:33 PM
wow thats gonna be sweet
ANd I bet the story will be dope too.

WillRyan
04-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Love the focus on tons of creatures and the BPRD team, and Agent Myers is nowhere to be found. :thumbsup:

P_T
04-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Looks good except for that dude with the white hair... Doesn't look very convincing and for some reason he looks like Ted Danson with a white face paint to me.

DuttyFoot
04-04-2008, 01:10 AM
man thats awesome. i love the big baby, now thats what you call a BFG (bigfatgun)
the guard creatures look insane. i feel the same about the dude with the white hair, he kinda reminds me of that wizard from the harry potter series. i forgot his name but he has long blonde color hair and he dresses in black. he was dobbies master. i can't wait till that comes out. i haven't gone to the movies in months....

Silvermyst
04-04-2008, 01:42 AM
That looks really sweet. I loved the first Hellboy and it's been such a long wait for a sequel. The creature FX look absolutely amazing and as always with Del Toro, you can't go wrong.

simoncheng
04-04-2008, 02:54 AM
that very good. hellboy really one of the best comic to movie addaption.
keep up red.
where is Agent Myers anywhere?

R10k
04-04-2008, 03:00 AM
Side note: Yahoo really stinks for watching... anything t all.

Solothores
04-04-2008, 05:21 AM
Looks good except for that dude with the white hair... Doesn't look very convincing and for some reason he looks like Ted Danson with a white face paint to me.

Aye it's not a good sign if your main villain makes you think about stargate atlantis :)

R10k
04-04-2008, 05:32 AM
LOL... this is true :) I new he looked cool to me for some reason...

Baltasound
04-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Looks like this guy is in there aswell...

http://www.moviezine.se/filmbilder/033/pans_labyrinth.jpg

STANER
04-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Nice:)....... looks much better than the first trailer:scream:

ChewyPixels
04-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Sweet! Love the whole slew of creatures. Big Baby...ha ha!!

WillRyan
04-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Looks like this guy is in there aswell...

http://www.moviezine.se/filmbilder/033/pans_labyrinth.jpgYeah, he does look like the Angel of Death's little brother. It's pretty neat to see Del Toro's imagination & style mixing with Mignola's a bit more on this movie. I can't wait to see what he comes up with for the Hobbit!

theQ
04-04-2008, 05:14 PM
For anyone intereted and in the NYC area, Dark Horse Comics will be attending the NYCC on April 18-20th and will have just about the entire cast from Hellboy II onhand Saturday for signings.

Just an FYI -

Jonathan Q

noxy
04-04-2008, 07:18 PM
The white haired guy reminds me of Jeremy Iron's character in The Time Machine, but I recognize the actor as the main super-vampire from Blade 2, appropriately menacing . I just want more Abe Sapien, that character is the best transition from the comics, he looks perfect. Doug Jones rules!

dneg
04-04-2008, 09:33 PM
but I recognize the actor as the main super-vampire from Blade 2, appropriately menacing . I just want more Abe Sapien, that character is the best transition from the comics, he looks perfect. Doug Jones rules!

If you're old enough, and perhaps sad enough, you'll also remember him as one third of the 80s boy band Bros

DMJ
04-05-2008, 01:31 PM
The "white haired bad guy" reminds me a little of the grand morlock from the latest time machine movie.

linky (http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2002_The_Time_Machine/2002_the_time_machine_015.jpg)

RenderTITAN
04-05-2008, 06:43 PM
I can't wait for this movie! It looks just amazing.
M

dneg
04-05-2008, 08:34 PM
The "white haired bad guy" reminds me a little of the grand morlock from the latest time machine movie.

linky (http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2002_The_Time_Machine/2002_the_time_machine_015.jpg)

Bros were way more scary

Piek
04-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Bros were way more scary
They were responsible for the great Grolsch Bottle Top drought of 1988. The industry has yet to recover.

Johann Kraus is in the film? - hurrah.

Apoclypse
04-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Wow, this on elooks WAY better than the first one. I only found the first on eto be alright. I like that DelToro decided to rely more heavily on practical creature effects like he did with Pan's (ofcourse with some CG enhabcements). I like to see practical creature effects rather than cg laden movies and I personally think that audiences have been so bombarded that they respond to that approach more. Del Toro seems to have taken what he learned and the same team he used on Pan's and I think the results will be spectacular.

I wasn't planning on watching this one but now its my top 5 must sees of this year. BTW, I generally like Selma Blair but in the clips she seesm rather anemic (or bland). Well, whatever.

P_T
04-06-2008, 06:50 AM
I like that DelToro decided to rely more heavily on practical creature effects like he did with Pan's (ofcourse with some CG enhabcements). I like to see practical creature effects rather than cg laden movies and I personally think that audiences have been so bombarded that they respond to that approach more. Del Toro seems to have taken what he learned and the same team he used on Pan's and I think the results will be spectacular.He's been doing that even before Pan's. on Blade 2 he used animatronic mouth for the reapers augmented by CG, and don't forget the life size reaper body complete with moving internal organs that he used for the dissection scene.

dneg
04-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Wow, this on elooks WAY better than the first one. I only found the first on eto be alright. I like that DelToro decided to rely more heavily on practical creature effects like he did with Pan's (ofcourse with some CG enhabcements). I like to see practical creature effects rather than cg laden movies and I personally think that audiences have been so bombarded that they respond to that approach more. Del Toro seems to have taken what he learned and the same team he used on Pan's and I think the results will be spectacular.

The VFX for Hellboy 2 are being done by Double Negative in London. There's lots of great physical creature work in the trailer, but there's also a fair amount of CGI. You'll just have to go and watch the movie when it comes out and see if you can work out which is which.

Apoclypse
04-06-2008, 08:45 PM
He's been doing that even before Pan's. on Blade 2 he used animatronic mouth for the reapers augmented by CG, and don't forget the life size reaper body complete with moving internal organs that he used for the dissection scene.

True, be he also had flying cg ninjas (well that girl anyway). The movie wasn't awful but it was just okay. I liked the first one a little better.

ThE_JacO
04-09-2008, 01:00 PM

To my knowledge this is the movie with the most cg creature work he's ever done, and incidentally also the best looking.
It might just be that when he works with low budgets and dodgy vfx shops CG creature don't look as good as they do this time where the effects are actually worked on by people with a clue ;)
I know I saw some stuff from this flick that everybody thought to be phenomenal practical and was actually full CG.

I thought the first hellboy was incredibly well adapted and ma very much looking forward to this sequel.
Dark fairy tales with a red redeemed sentimentally troubled devil for main character... how can it get any better?

leigh
04-09-2008, 01:06 PM

The only practical creature work that ended up in the final cut of Pan was Pan's legs.

Hordak
04-09-2008, 07:27 PM
I thought the creature he slams fists with looks goofy.. I love the guy with the white hair! looks like a BROM painting! Works for me!
Anyway... looks like an entertaining movie

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2008, 07:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.