PDA

View Full Version : Save Animation of a Group within One Click?

Pixelclown
04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi folks,

is it actually possible to save an animation of the members of a group for a specific time range directly without using the Compose Mode?

What I've seen is Ulvens way he demonstrated it on the Messiah Wiki: Transferring motion from one rig to another (http://messiah3d.scribblewiki.com/Transferring_motion_from_one_rig_to_another)

But what I'm looking for is a way to speed it up a little bit. As our rig changes a lot and we have to transfer animation from the old to the new it would be nice to have a fast solution for that. I've looked in the available functions of Messiah to set up a script or plugin, but I didn't found any useful for saving animation of a group.

Does someone of you guys have experience with that?

Thanks for any comment! Jonas

Suricate
04-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Well, using motion clips as demonstrated by Ulven is the 'official' way of transferring motions. :)

If you want to speed that up, you have to write your own custom importer/exporter for transferring your animation. Unfortunately, the messiah SDK is currently lacking functionality in regards to groups and in regards to file IO management, so this requires some work.

I think that the PointOven plugin has also some options for saving out the motion of items to LWS, MOT and some proprietary format.

Pixelclown
04-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi Christopher!
Thanks for the reply! I tried PointOven 1.5 (http://www.ef9.com/ef9/PO1.5/PointOven_Downloads.html) and it seems that it's just working with Messiah 2.x. Everytime I'm trying to use PointOven in Messiah 3 it crashes.
Does someone know if there is a new version available?
Thanks,

Jonas

Suricate
04-06-2008, 03:48 PM
The crashing might be related to a glitch with the HASP driver (PointOven uses the dongle ID for its licensing IIRC). There is a patch of messiah v3 for this, try the latest update of messiah (at the link that you got for downloading version 3).

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2008, 03:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.