PDA

View Full Version : Maya Trax - Constraint Problem

ChaosBeyond
04-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi guys!
I have a problem with Maya Trax:

I got two files of a character: the first file is a walkcycle. The second file should import the clip of the walkcycle-file (I have created a character set in both files).

The character has a control-curve for the shoulder (upperarm) and a control-curve for the ellbow (forearm). The ellbow-curve has a connection in the rotation with the shoulder (orientConstraint). So when I rotate the upperarm, the forearm rotates too. My Problem:

When I import the walk-cycle clip, Maya only imports the keys for the shoulder, but not the ellbow-keys. I have the problem with all inferior curves, which are parented.
In the walkcycle file all this keys (which have been ignored) are green in the channel box, when I animate them.

Has somebody an idea?
Greets

_stev_
04-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Green in the channel box means you have keyframed something that is constrained. When this happens Maya makes a pairblend node and allows you to switch between the constraint and your keys via custom attribute. Maybe when you're saving out the clip it's not getting the anim data because of the constraint.

Stev

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2008, 06:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.