PDA

View Full Version : Connectin Particles

fedayi
04-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Hi, this is my first time writing, I mostly read, and have learned alot from you guys, now Im here, and will help to my full extent.
But now I need your help.

Im know I can emit particles from a object/surface, but is there any way I can connect them.

what I mean, is that I want the particles to follow the vertices it was emmited from.

So if the surface moves, like if the vertices from the mesh moves up, the particle will also move up.

So basically I have a torus, and Have a particle emited from each vertice, and they just stay there without dying, and what I want is for the torus, to rotate within itself, something like a mushroom cloud, on how it basically circles it self. So what happens is when the torus circles its self, the cloud particle will follow it.

Thanks alot

sergioduque
04-03-2008, 02:53 AM
i would do that in another way.
I'd use softbodies instead. if you make your softbodie copy (goal or weight can recall right now..) = 1 you will end up with a particle in every vertice that is sticked to the softbody then all you nee to do is animate your original torus.

you could then start playing with the goal weight value say .6 for instance.

hope this help

fedayi
04-04-2008, 06:18 PM
thanks alot.
Ill give it a try.
but just to double check, you want me to make a copy of the torus and make that into a softbody?

ill try different variations, till i figure it out.
again thanks

sergioduque
04-05-2008, 02:42 PM
No, when you make a softbodie you have 3 diferent possibilities:

-Duplicate and make original soft
-duplicate and make duplicate soft
-make soft

i want you to duplicate and make the duplicate soft.

fedayi
04-05-2008, 11:47 PM
arlight cool,
but one questions, when i create sofbody it attaches a particle to it. what if i also want an emmiter with it, so i can have the particles move further from the object instead of staying attached to the mesh, or instead, or have more particles per vertice?

sergioduque
04-06-2008, 03:58 AM
ok so:

what if i also want an emmiter with it, so i can have the particles move further from the object instead of staying attached to the mesh
you can attach that particle system to a new emmiter if you want, in the dynamic relationships menu.
Also, if you make your goal weight = 0, you can control the particles with fields an such, as regular particles.

or have more particles per vertice?
you can make those particles emmit new ones.

fedayi
04-06-2008, 11:37 PM
im gonna try that the second i solve my current problem.
thanks.

ill drop a image once im done, show where im at, get some C&C

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2008, 11:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.