PDA

View Full Version : Animation Challenge #16: Voting

SirRon
04-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Animations (Please read how many times to vote for Audio and Non-Audio)

Audio (Vote for 2):
sipone
homer4lyfe
NickGooch
J0K3R 3D
andrewdief
Superfantastik
rahulmehta

Non-Audio (Vote for 1):
Pepyu
humo
ydiaz

Finished Animation Thread <--- click here to see the full list of animations.

VOTING IS OPEN FOR FOUR DAYS. April 1st - April 7th

Voting Rules:
-If you're one of the animators, don't vote for yourself :)
-Sorry, no prizes.
-If there is a tie then we have more than one person to congratulate.
-Vote for 2 animations in the Audio Clip and 1 animation for the non-Audio animation.
-Everyone can vote!

How do you like it so far? Are there any changes you'd like to see in the challenge? Is the time too long or short? We'd like to hear of any thoughts on how we can improve the format.

-Everyone can give feedback and other topic suggestions. I could actually use some more topic suggestions :D

Thank you everyone who contributed by turning in an animation or giving the animators critiques and encouraging comments. Hope to get you started for the next challenge.

J0K3R 3D
04-03-2008, 01:53 AM
Heh, I was starting to think we weren't going to vote on this one since I saw the next thread up before. :D

Great entries this month ...

Audio:

homer4lyfe
sipone

Acting (non audio)

YDiaz

ydiaz
04-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Congratulations to all animators, wide variety of works, creative and really nicely animated.

Here are my votes:

Audio:
Homer4lyfe
Superfantastik

Non-audio:
Pepyu

-Y

elapsus
04-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Congts to animators, nice animations!! My votes:

Audio:

homer4lyfe

Sipone

Non-audio:

Pepyu

Good luck,

NickGooch
04-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Audio: :applause:
Homer4lyfe - the gun fire and the army hat popin off just looked soo good
Jok3r 3d - The animation was nice for using what looked to be difficult rigs. the lack of emotion in the alien face is too bad but the timing and posing is good, made my girlfriend laugh :)

Non-Audio :applause:
ydiaz - the suttle movements while behind the wall were great

I wish everyone would have posted their work flow and such as they went along. I feel like the point of this is to see how you go about creating not just showing off on the last day what you did. dont be shy.

maybe it would be easier if people just made their own thread with the formula of "Challenge # Name " it seems cluttered to have all the feedback for everyone in one section or posted off site on vimeo.

maybe there should be a rule that you must post at least 3 times during your progress. This would force people to have to show a begining middle and end. I'd prefer to see more but that is a good starting point for everyone.

Cheers :beer:

homer4lyfe
04-04-2008, 01:30 AM
First off, Nick you have a good point. I must admit I am one of the guilty parties for not showing my work. I just havent been on the forums much lately and i just tried to get work in on this piece whenever i had some spare time. If I do a future challenge i'll definately try to be more post-friendly. Now...

THE VOTING

Audio:

Andrewdief - Mostly because it made me laugh really hard. Guy interrupted in mid-stream...haha...classic. Also because it was a very unique take on the clip, no guns, very creative.

SuperFantastik - Nice and simple. My only gripe was how slowly he brought the gun down.

Non - Audio

This was a close one between yDiaz and Pepyu, I liked them both alot. But in a very close call, i gotta go with...

Pepyu - I though the movement overall was just a little more fluid. Though diaz had some great subtlety in his. Good job to both of you.

Superfantastik
04-04-2008, 04:05 AM
Good work guys. Keep it up!

Audio:

homer4lyfe
andrewdief

Non-Audio:
Pepyu

sipone
04-04-2008, 01:26 PM
hi all, great to see many entries!

my votes:

audio --> Homer4lyfe (my critics would be on facial and how the second guy wakes up from trouble, anyway good animation!)
--> Andrewdief (good idea man!)

non-audio --> pepyu (great too, fun, long, i would critics the camera movements and some little details but i like it)

Pooyag
04-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi everyone, Great stuff, i liked all works but some really stood out so, here are my choices ;)

Audio:
homer4lyfe
sipone

Non-Audio:
ydiaz

Keep it up everyone, i hope i can join for the next challenge:)

Pepyu
04-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi all! Great animations this challenge! So difficult decision, but finally my votes are...

Audio Animation:
Sipone
Homer4lyfe

Non-Audio:
Ydiaz

Good-Luck!

kmatch
04-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Really good animations, congratulations!

Audio:
Homer4lyfe
sipone

Non-audio:
Pepyu

Good Luck!

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2008, 10:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.