PDA

View Full Version : seriously need help!

rainingkeon
04-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi, I'm now stuck at a problem which i am unable to solve. I had created a nurbs plane and apply an ocean shader on it. And also some emitters for my boat to create wakes and foams. I used 2 3DfluidTexture for both the wakes and foams respectively. And i have some nice effect that I want. However, something annoyed me. After rendering from far view, i realised that the whole ocean is filled with the wakes and foams i created for the boat.. This is due to the size of the fluidTexture as I only position it at where the boat travel... If i scale the fluidTexture to the same size of the nurbs plane, i will be able to solve the problem, however, my scene are incredibly big.. Hence i cannot afford to do that.
Anyone can help me with this problem? I seriously need a help there. Pls reply me asap as I have not much time left. Thanks!

Aikiman
04-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Can you post a render and indicate the undesirable effect? Your ocean will still have turbulence and wake if those attributes are above zero on the shader.

rainingkeon
04-05-2008, 06:48 PM
sorry for the late reply...

Aikiman
04-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Looks like your UVs are repeating, go to the rebuild option under Edit Nurbs and reset settings. Parameter Range needs to be 0 to 1.

rainingkeon
04-21-2008, 06:55 PM
after doing some research, i can guarantee that it is not the uv problem...
i have tried ur method, rebuilding it, i have tried using another nurbs plane, and tried even poly plane... all have this problem...
i guess is becos of my fluidTexture.. becos, it seem to repeat itself on the oceanShader...
if i resize it to as big as the plane, it will have only 1 wake and foam... however, if i rescale it to like for e.g. half the size of the plane, it will have 2 wake and foam...
understand??? seriously need some advice, why does this thing happen??
is becos of some attr which i set wrongly? or becos i connect wrong attr to the oceanShader??
outAlpha to foamOffset and outAlpha to waveheighOffset... any1, pls?

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2008, 06:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.