PDA

View Full Version : UT3 machinima - animator(s) needed

em3
04-01-2008, 04:27 PM
http://www.treadster.com/ut3/theTeam2.jpg

Hello! My name is Dave Tyner. My project partner is Peter. We are launching a Machinima project which will incorporate new standards of story and animation. Here is a brief explanation of our project.

Goals: To gain sponsorship with Epic or other market-share game companies.

Why will we succeed: Ė Vision, energy, commitment and bulldog DNA.

Differentiators: We are using the latest game engine, multiple characters from Gears of War and Unreal Tournament 3. All of these characters have customized animations directly from 3D studio to present unique perspectives. Sometimes Machinima video movements appear choppy, whereas ours will seem fluid and complete.

Tools : Unreal Engine 3, 3D Studio Max, FumeFX for explosions and particle effects, Sony Pictures HD sound effects and After Effects for post processing. We have developed a unique workflow for creating seamless animation movement between proprietary software products.

Scope: Our story will carry three seasons of eight episodes each (24 total) lasting through June 2009.

Big picture production schedule: Our release date for the first episode is August, 2008, and we plan to release weekly episodes after that. Look for early release of upcoming season trailers in November, followed by eight weekly releases. Ditto for the third season, accompanied by lots of activity on community forums. We are seeking as many venues/sponsors as possible to air the series. A more detailed production schedule will be provided as we join forces with future partners.

Story Synopsis

DoubleKill Season 1 - A team of Major Hackmanís paramilitary commandos are hired to violently suppress a labor rebellion on a nearby orbiting mining colony, known as Asteroid 109. This mine is crucial to every civilization in the solar system. After some heavy fighting, the team members find themselves sympathetic to the laborersí plight. Further investigation into the mineral industryís Board of Directors leads Hack to prepare for war against the growing Necris occupation of this valuable resource.

DoubleKill Season 2 - The battle for Asteroid 109 is fierce. Hack's team is augmented by the MONC (labor union) forces, which overwhelm Loque and his Necris guards. Loque flees back to O6 to prepare a large invasion force. The team learns of the strategy and follows Loque, confident if they can assassinate him, the invasion plans will not materialize.

DoubleKill Season 3 - The team and its commandos fight their way onto O6. Once there, rebels provide food and shelter. The tiny planet has become militarized, prosperous from its share of Imulsion money. Its chief operating officer is Grodr, a Necris director of Liandri Mining, the source of laborís complaints on 109. But the team is betrayed and captured. The giant Transporter space barge ferrying ten thousand Necris troops successfully launches toward 109. For a moment it seems a thousand years of peace and prosperity of the solar system seems doomed. But the rogue team member sacrifices himself by piloting a million-ton imulsion tanker into the troop carrier. Loque and the evil Director Grodr were reportedly on board. For now the solar system is saved.

Bios

Dave Tyner (producer, director,animator, modeler, voice actor): During the day I am a mild mannered software analyst for an Engineering firm. At night I am a 3D designer/ enthusiast. Since the first time I played a 3D video game I knew that's exactly what I wanted to create. I have been using 3D studio max since 2001 and playing Unreal since its inception. I believe I have finally found the perfect marriage of those two technologies. I am 100% dedicated to this project.

Peter Tyner (writer):lives Northern California. Peter is a published writer of stage plays and screenplays, novels and essays.

Annuban2 (story boarder, uscripter): I come from a Systems Engineering and Testing Background and have been into hi-technology since the mid 80's. I discovered PC Gaming in 2002 and in late 2002 found UT2003. Since the first time I picked up a Flak Cannon I knew the UT series would become my favorite game and that one day I would be part of a team creating interactive entertainment. After leading the HaloUT Project for UT2K4 I knew I wanted to do something even more ambitious but tied to the Unreal Universe and now I have found it with this project. Rest assured I'll be giving 110% as the story boarder.

Ken Wright (Unreal Ed Particles)

Fabian Knier (SoundTrack, Sound Design)

Richard Grove (voice actor)

Ingrid Moon (voice actor)

Rocky Rungano (voice actor)

Kimberly Henrie (voice actor)

Test Renders

These were almost all rendered in 3DS max. I have since brought the animations into the Game engine.

www.treadster.com/ut3/ut3composition.wmv (http://www.treadster.com/ut3/ut3composition.wmv) - composition of animations

www.treadster.com/ut3/HellbenderClip.wmv (http://www.treadster.com/ut3/HellbenderClip.wmv) - custom Hellbender animation in game

www.treadster.com/ut3/DownTown.wmv (http://www.treadster.com/ut3/DownTown.wmv) - camera mounted to the front of Hellbender in game

www.treadster.com/ut3/hellbenderBones.wmv (http://www.treadster.com/ut3/hellbenderBones.wmv) - custom animation of Hellbender parts articulating

www.treadster.com/ut3/digger.wmv (http://www.treadster.com/ut3/digger.wmv) -In game Asteroid 109 digging machine animation.

At the moment we have openings for

3 voice actors
1-2 animators/modelers
1 Post Process
1 Sound Effects designer ( I have 1200 HD stock sound effects to use)
If you know anyone who might be interested in these roles, please send them my way. My email is davetyner@gmail.com

DigitalBlaspheme
04-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Sounds interesting. I've actually been looking into voice over acting for quite some time now. Since the age of about 11 I've had a Barry White voice. If you're in need of that type of voice.....let me know, we can do a phone "interview" just so you get a feel for my voice lol. I think this would be great fun.

em3
04-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Sounds great Scott. Send me an email with your contact information (email is fine) and I will get in touch with you soon. Thanks man!

jtype
04-02-2008, 01:08 AM
Looks like a fun project!

em3
04-02-2008, 06:44 AM
Thanks jtype it is definitly that. Are you interested?

Hey I checked out your site but couldn't hear any music on your samples when I clicked on the play button. The preloader went but the sound did not play.

jtype
04-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Hi Dave,

I have just placed another link for another, more browser-friendly portfolio in my signature.

(Also, please check your PMs)

J

DigitalBlaspheme
04-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Dave,

Emailed you my tn. If you hear a man's voice, you're talking to the machine. Don't be fooled. I also just listened to it, I still don't think it sounds like me....to upbeat. But even with the upbeatness you can still get a grasp on my voice. I've warned you thru email, but I have to warn you again because that msg has been on the phone for I don't know how long and ppl still get fooled.

em3
04-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey Scott - sounds great man, emailed you back :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2008, 04:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.