PDA

View Full Version : Wrap Deformer Problem

MaDeuce
05-10-2003, 02:24 AM
I am using wrap deformers to drive my Sub-D character. My problem is that several parts of my Sub-D mesh is bugging out on me. (Refer to Pic) At 1st glance it seems like an issue with the Max Distance setting, but I checked this thouroughly. The eyelids are deformed by bones that I added after the Smooth Bind operation, and I added them as influence objects, and I think there is something I am missing in this process. Does anyone recognize this sort of problem? Thank you for your time

mental
05-10-2003, 02:49 AM
i've run into the same problem myself... unfortunatly i couldn't figure out what the culprit was. finally i had to delete the subd and use a polysmoothed object instead (with a division of 2 or more depending on the shot). the polysmoothed object was rigged directly so there wasn't any wrap deformer involved. i just made sure that the polysmooth was applied as the last operation on the mesh so that it was at the top of the deformation stack. when working with the character i had the geometry hidden and the polysmooth divisions set to 0. i then showed the geometry and bumped the divisions up to 2 when it came time to render.

i'm hoping somebody else has a better workflow.

good luck.

-mental :surprised

swag
05-10-2003, 03:13 AM
hmmm increase your Max Distance step by step

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.