PDA

View Full Version : particle dust problem

YY3010966
03-31-2008, 05:10 PM
hi there. there is a question suffer me :

how could i achieve the effect attached by particle,but NOT sprites.
my idea is get rgbPP info from a 3D texture using colorAtPoint command,e.g 3D cloud.But not luck, there is always an error :No surface texture selected or specified .
please light me the reason of error, and your idea to achieve this effect. thank you so much.
i'll waiting!

phildog
04-01-2008, 01:02 AM
as far as i know, colorAtPoint only works with 2d textures.

------------------------
www.modernmayhem.com

Aikiman
04-01-2008, 04:17 AM
Ive seen some that done with multi-streak particles with lots of hardware blur and turbulence. Not sure as to why you would use colorAtPoint for any reason. If you want the particles to pick up texture colour then drop the texture into a surface emitter and create rgbPP. This way you can animate noise texture if you like to control where the particles emit from on the surface and have it change over time if you like.

My example looks a bit too over blurred comared with yours.

rahulvfx
04-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Yaa Aikiman is rite... You can also try points with large number or less number with more layer renders... And play with terbulance to get the shape as well... Also give motion blur on Hardware render bufer... Hopefully it wil hlp..

thnkxxx

greetzzzzz

YY3010966
04-01-2008, 02:38 PM
thanks for reply everybody. but as you see ,there is lots of detail .so ,no blur .i use colorAtPoint beacuse i cant achieve the detail attached by expression or field, the last way is get texture color info to fake that .

i still waiting.........

movector
04-02-2008, 06:47 PM
use lots of particles! just point render.

你是哪里的啊?

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2008, 06:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.