PDA

View Full Version : NCLOTH problem urgent-sim results differ

gsantosss
03-31-2008, 02:00 PM
i have a piece of cloth which is driven by two point to surface constraints which is on a path .i have set up substeps to 8 and max collision iterations to 16.the main problem i have is every time i run the simulation the results are different from the earlier one, even though i dint do any changes to attributes.

My workflow is i cache the cloth and before each sim i delete the cache and create a new one and auto rename ..

Can someone tell what am i doing wrong

Duncan
03-31-2008, 07:44 PM
Make sure that the nCloth node is toggled visible in the viewport. There is a bug where fields are not evaluated the second time through when this node is hidden.

Duncan

gsantosss
03-31-2008, 08:51 PM
when u say ncloth node u mean the cloth mesh right ? coz i obviously have the cloth mesh on the viewport and yeah i am driving the whole animation with bounded fileds...can u kindly sort out this...and i also delete the cache and create new cache and rename so i am not even overwriting the cache...

Thanks a million Duncan...i was struck for hours

john_homer
04-01-2008, 12:31 AM
when u say ncloth node u mean the cloth mesh right ?

I believe Duncan is refering to the nCloth node itself NOT the mesh.
the node that plugs into the outMesh... displayed as a circle with a + in it.

from the menu.. show -> nCloths

.j

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2008, 12:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.