PDA

View Full Version : Quadroped Creature

Jeff Unay
04-19-2002, 10:39 AM
This character is built in polys. I created him for the purpose of exploring quadroped rigging and also different texturing techniques. I plan to composite him into live footage using Shake.

Go to http://www.jeffunay.com/pages/Quadro2.html to view the creature's entire development - its concept sketches, base model, textures, test renders, skeleton structure and its rig.

Software: Maya 4

3d Man
06-23-2002, 11:04 PM
hey, very cool!!! :applause:

but i think more detail in the legs would make the model better. :thumbsup:

S E D A H
06-24-2002, 12:50 AM
cool character but you must put more details on him..........and why you put all bones in him for what purpose you do that

kreno
06-24-2002, 03:08 AM
Yeah, why'd you put a skeleton in there bud?

Capt.Jackass
06-24-2002, 04:24 AM
its a nice model, the skeleton i guess is for placement of limbs and stuff, i'd like to seee more of your avatar though :p

Jeff Unay
06-24-2002, 06:18 AM
The skeleton in the creature can be used as placement but it's used mostly for animation purposes (skeleton was compliments of Siggraph '00). It's funny to see this post arise, cause this is one of my oldest characters, actually one of my first. I created him mostly for rigging purposes. To view my latest work, visit the WIP section with title "Cy-Gor (Comments Appreciated)." Thanks, Jeff.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.