PDA

View Full Version : Filmbox to Maya problem!!

loked
05-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Hey,

Ive built skeletons in Maya and Im trying to take it into filmbox, but there seems to be a problem with the scales. I cant get the units of measurement to match up. So when I use centimeters in Maya, it comes out really small in Filmbox and when you use Meters, its too big. How can I setup Maya and Filmbox to work on the same 1:1 scale.

Thanks in advance!!
loked

Michel Besner
05-10-2003, 01:10 PM
For FiLMBOX questions, may suggest you post your questions in our FiLMBOX specific forum

www.kaydara.com/customer_services/forum

M.

loked
05-10-2003, 01:30 PM
Hey Michel,

The reason I put this post here, is because it seems that it take really long for people to reply to the posts at the kaydara forum.

Besides I wanted to get as many people as possible to see the question, in case the people at Kyadara dont know the answer.

I dont think its really inappropriate to put it here because it is a MB forum and Filmbox is really just an earlier version of MB. So most people that work on MB would have previously worked on Filmbox.

Do you perhaps know the answer to my question??

Later!
loked

Michel Besner
05-10-2003, 01:37 PM
I am not really an animator but I know that :

1. Our base unit is in centimeters
2. You can always add a parent to your object/hirarchy and scale it to match in FiLMBOX (this prevents you from scaling the actual geometry ...)

Hope this helps until a real animator answer you ..

M.

Jango
05-27-2003, 11:27 PM
yep, that was the way I did it , too...

I grouped the Hip joint and scaled this group node with factor 15, and it fitted nice in MB after export

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.