PDA

View Full Version : new build retouch test (please comment)

rikrog
05-09-2003, 01:38 PM
here's a pic i have been given to retouch, WIP: there's still people, cars and trees to be added.
any comments good or bad are welcomed.
http://www.homepage.mac.com/rikrog/PixelImage.jpg
http://www.homepage.mac.com/rikrog/totorialrr6.jpg

KotsVlok
05-09-2003, 01:52 PM
Great job, can't wait to see the final version :airguitar

But i see a bunch of very light bleu pixels all the way to the left :hmm:

rikrog
05-09-2003, 02:01 PM
oop's

rikrog
05-09-2003, 02:02 PM
yeah, i sorted that now, thanks

can't see the wood for the trees!:p

KotsVlok
05-09-2003, 04:19 PM
hehe :p

Btw, how are ya gonna place the humans? ..Handpainted or pictures?

schmu_20mol
05-09-2003, 04:28 PM
really nice work done by you...just the asphalt in the lower right corner looks a bit too corny for me

rikrog
05-09-2003, 04:39 PM
here's an update

KotsVlok: the people are placed in from some stock images i got, its just getting the sizing and the shadows right. (there's two in the new image, lots more to come)

schmu_20mol: the asphalt is just a sharpened version of the original image, i will tone it down a touch.

thanks
http://www.homepage.mac.com/rikrog/cgtalk/totorialrr7.jpg

singularity2006
05-09-2003, 05:39 PM
that is daaaaaaaammmmnnnnnn savage:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

how the heck did u do that w/ photoshop?! DOOoooDdeeee.... tutorials?? yes yes?!?!?!?! =DDDDD

KotsVlok
05-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by singularity2006
that is daaaaaaaammmmnnnnnn savage:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

how the heck did u do that w/ photoshop?! DOOoooDdeeee.... tutorials?? yes yes?!?!?!?! =DDDDD
Weeeeeee i wanted to say that! :scream: :scream:

Pics like this can make me so hornyyyyyy :p

rikrog
05-09-2003, 06:15 PM
calm down, calm down, i'm a married man! :eek:

i will see if i can find some tutorial links

singularity2006
05-09-2003, 06:43 PM
oh yeah, quick note....

I am not sure if this is the effect u are looking for or not, but the curvature of the street in the foreground gives the entire image a fish-eye lense sense to it ... even though nothing else is distorted. The street curvature looks a bit distracting.

rikrog
05-10-2003, 08:46 PM
update:
http://www.homepage.mac.com/rikrog/cgtalk/rr9.jpg

schmu_20mol
05-10-2003, 09:06 PM
sweet!:drool:

KotsVlok
05-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Nice Nice!...I only think that the car on the right, where those 2 ppl stand, is to small...don't ya think so?...

theGuest
05-12-2003, 12:04 AM
Great job on the remake. Very nice work. :thumbsup:

Two things that need your attention however is the shading (or lack thereof) on the foreground bushes. And the repetitive pattern seen along the bottom of the bushes running down the sides.

See the edge of the sidewalk down the left side? See how dark that shading is on it? This would indicate a strong light source from the left side (our right) of the scene.

The bushes along that side need to be shaded to indicate that same light source that the curb and the rest of the scene indicates. Use the shading on the edge of the sidewalk as your guide of where to start/stop the shding.

Check the rest of your additions to make sure you've included this element into them also.

And go back to the areas of the bushes that run down both side of the scene and remove the obvious cloned pattern. Make it look more random if possible.

Aside from that, great stuff. :applause:

rikrog
05-12-2003, 07:32 PM
thanks all for the comments folks

:beer: theGuest: thank you for your most helpful comments, they were of great help. re the shadows, instead of darkening everything up (i tried and it started to look a bit odd) i toned down some of the darker shadows. Its all because the pic was taken in the winter and the client wants it to be high summer.

here's the latest, just about finished i think...
http://www.homepage.mac.com/rikrog/cgtalk/rr10.jpg

Kalim Dock
05-15-2003, 06:27 AM
i vote you take down the saturation, all this color is hurting my eyes.

singularity2006
05-15-2003, 06:48 AM
color is relative... hehehe. looks fine on my LCD. =)

btw, that fish eye lense effect is still kinda there .... the bottom center by the street turn looks very odd .... is that the effect u are looking for? If it is, okay. But if it isn't I think if u just straitened that white street line, it would fix that optical problem I'm getting .... but if that's how u want it, ok.

KINGOFPAIN
05-17-2003, 11:14 PM
your good mang... bad ass!:thumbsup:

hkbasravi
05-20-2003, 06:51 PM
Was that a panoramic camera that you used or did you warp it using photoshop. It gives a really good effect.

Also, is the building 3D or is it a photo?

really clean picture, BTW

rikrog
05-20-2003, 07:15 PM
thanks

the building is cg and the image was taken with a wide angle lens . all were supplied by the company (its was a test retouch they gave me to do for a job)

sent it back to them now, so here's hoping:love:

05-24-2003, 02:09 PM
very~~particularity :applause: :applause:

05-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by
very~~particularity :applause: :applause:

first time i write a wrong words in u note ,sorry my poor english~

i m sorry ~ ijust mean u picture is so delicacy

rikrog
06-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Got an interview off the back of this pic (one of five selected from over 100 responses to the test!), thanks again to all for the feedback.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.