PDA

View Full Version : IPR Stupid Question

belly80naz
05-09-2003, 11:58 AM
I'm new in Maya, 'couse I'm an old Lightwave and XSI's user, but when I view IPR and his potentiality I've got a question: If IPR is "Interactive Photorealistic Render", and in an image the blurred shadows (area-lights) and the reflections are two important factors of a photorealistic image, why the IPR don't support ray-tracing, that the ray-tracing needed to area-light and reflection?

And, another question: can I have an auto-render-region also or the Render region Maya render?

alexx
05-09-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by belly80naz
If IPR is "Interactive Photorealistic Render", and in an image the blurred shadows (area-lights) and the reflections are two important factors of a photorealistic image, why the IPR don't support ray-tracing, that the ray-tracing needed to area-light and reflection?

well there is an easy anser to that one:
because!

you better ask alias about that :)

cheers

alexx

belly80naz
05-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Maybe Alias|Wavefront must talk about IPR like IR, without P or no?:p

svenip
05-09-2003, 04:17 PM
shit. why don't they have realtime rendering ?? i really have to complain about that at alias too.

dwalden74
05-09-2003, 04:25 PM
yeah, I want real-time final gathering too! Final gathering´s cool, hehe!

:beer:

belly80naz
05-09-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by dwalden74
yeah, I want real-time final gathering too! Final gathering´s cool, hehe!

:beer:

Yeah David, in XSI with the render region the final gathering is real time, or nearly.:banghead:

svenip
05-09-2003, 04:43 PM
yeah sure :insane:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.