PDA

View Full Version : Blending poses with sliders?

dfp-cam
05-09-2003, 09:22 AM
I created some poses in Maya. But I don't want to use the Trax-Editor.

I want to control theses poses with sliders to animate the character. Every pose should be weighted from 0% to 100% and blended with all other poses. The amount of weight of every pose should be keyable.

Is there any mel-script for this purpose?

steveblake
05-09-2003, 09:52 AM
I'm assuming your from a messiah:animate background and want to emulate that workflow...??

Not sure about using sliders, but you could take a look at Pose 2 Shelf at www.highend3d.com. It's extremely easy to use, you just grab a handfull of posed attributes (joints, handles, etc) and throw them onto a shelf as a button. It's especially good for hands...

Thers's also a script called Ultrapose that might be worth a look, haven't tried it myself tho...

On the other hand Trax is not so bad and even has a TimeWarp function which allows you to weight clips. It wouldn't be too hard connect this to a simple slider. This could be just what you need. Saying this tho, just going into the Graph editor and tweaking the curves will give you more control...

(I used Trax extensively for the first time on a commercial I just worked on, and I feel once you get round the quirkyness it's actually very easy to use...)

Let me know how you get on...

dfp-cam
05-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Thanks!

Pose2Shelf is a nice tool, but you can not blend with it between poses and you can't weight a pose.

The same thing with UltraPose, no blending, no weighting.

Of course, the trax editor isn't that bad, but I have to find an alternative solution (if there is any).

michaelcomet
05-09-2003, 12:48 PM
I will say this is possible to do in MEL, I've done it at my last two jobs. Unfortunately I can't release them. It is possible my previous employer may release some of them publically tho...not sure. I'm still waiting to hear.

dfp-cam
05-12-2003, 12:13 PM
This would be great....

larryvm
05-12-2003, 01:27 PM
probably one solution is made you a mel script, i made two script for one of my previous works in the "the living forest", one of them was a mixed animation script with sliders and other a sinc lips script.

mixing the way a do the two can be a good solution, create a file with the information of the poses in text, a script to write the poses, and a simple interface for a script that can read the file, the headers of every pose, select the pose that you want and mix between the values that you have in the text file and in the character at this time.

is only an idea, but i think is easy an can work fine.

the text file can be format in this way

standup
j_hand_rigth.rx 45
j_hand_rigth.ry 0
j_hand_rigth.rz 0
jump
j_hand_rigth.rx 45
j_hand_rigth.ry 0
j_hand_rigth.rz 0

steveblake
07-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by michaelcomet
I will say this is possible to do in MEL, I've done it at my last two jobs. Unfortunately I can't release them. It is possible my previous employer may release some of them publically tho...not sure. I'm still waiting to hear.

so, mike any news of these scripts being released??

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.