PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Batch bake (Mental ray) in Maya

PKD
03-27-2008, 03:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/Starseeker/greyworld.jpg?t=1206630028

As seen in the picture, I can't perform any kind of baking option including Batch bake, as the option are greyed out. I searched the net & can't seem to find an answer. & Yes, I did load Mental ray & was trying out Ambient Occlusion.

What am I missing?

Also, while at it, I want to ask if anyone else have the same problem as mine, where Mental Ray just won't show up in render Global. I can select (under menu) Mentalray->Render Global... though. Can someone sheer some lights into my problems.

PKD
03-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Anyone can sheer some light?

What condition I need to make before I can "bake"? I am trying to bake ambient oclussion map into the object.

yenvalmar
03-28-2008, 01:31 AM
of maya are you using?

PKD
03-28-2008, 02:54 AM
of maya are you using?
8..or is it 8.5. I think its Maya 8.

dan1el
03-28-2008, 12:54 PM
well, even though you say MR is turned on, it's not.

check the status bar if there is a problem loading MR, when MR is loaded you will get it as a render option in the render options dialog.

PKD
03-29-2008, 01:23 AM
well, even though you say MR is turned on, it's not.

check the status bar if there is a problem loading MR, when MR is loaded you will get it as a render option in the render options dialog.

You have to take my word on this, its loaded. I have been acessing & using MR since Maya 4.5 under the menu tab (as oppose to Maya render setting). I think maybe I did something wrong then. I always chose "retain previous settings" when I upgraded, maybe thats why the problem persist up to my current version.

Its not a major issue (the MR MIA in Render setting thingy), as I can still work with MR, its like a big stain on your car hood that you can't get rid off, annoying but not you can live with.

but the baking is an issue. I can't create bake set, batch bake etc.

djx
03-30-2008, 01:39 PM
You have to take my word on this, its loaded.
You mean its installed, dont you? Unfortunately there is a maya bug that causes the mr plugin to sometimes not load even though you may have had it set to auto-load. You must then goto the plugin manager window and load it again.

-- David

PKD
03-30-2008, 05:36 PM
You mean its installed, dont you? Unfortunately there is a maya bug that causes the mr plugin to sometimes not load even though you may have had it set to auto-load. You must then goto the plugin manager window and load it again.

-- David

Thanks for the comments. MR is working fine, I am actually using it for my renders. My problem is that MR rendering doesn't show up under Maya Render Global tab, as in the picture.

By the way, can anyone solve my baking problem?

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2008, 05:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.