PDA

View Full Version : Changing origin point of filters - and - changing values beyond limits?

Szos
03-27-2008, 03:53 AM
Got 2 PS questions for you guys:

Is there any way to change the center point of Filters? As an example, when using Filters like Radial Blur or Halftone Pattern (with Circle pattern selected), PS automatically uses the center of the image as it's main point. Is that changable? (there are other filters that have the same issue too).

The other question I have is there any way to go beyond the value limits when using Filters. As as example is that Filters like Patchwork have quite a small input range. The largest Square Size is only 10 pixels which is quite tiny for a high-rez file. Any way to make it 20 or 50 or more?? Same problem with other filters too, in which the value limits that Adobe set are way too limiting.

By the way, I am using CS2, so no idea if CS3 is different.

Quadart
03-29-2008, 02:17 PM
To answer the first question, you have a couple of options. In radial blur, you can click/drag the blur center to a new location in the Blur Center window. It is guess work though. The other option, which works with radial blur and the other filters (like halftone pattern), is to use the Marquee Tool (feathered to blend out the effect) to draw a circle around the area centering it over the area you want to be the effect center. The marquee circle (or square) has to be fully contained within the file borders or it won’t center correctly. You’ll have to extend the file out to fully contain the selection area if the center is near the edge.
**There may be an easier way, but this is what I do.

organicvisions
03-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Got 2 PS questions for you guys:

Is there any way to change the center point of Filters? As an example, when using Filters like Radial Blur or Halftone Pattern (with Circle pattern selected), PS automatically uses the center of the image as it's main point. Is that changable? (there are other filters that have the same issue too).

The filters not only uses the center of your whole picture. the uses the center of a mask first. so when you center a mask around your object or whatever all the filters will take this center..

second question:

in some filters you just can enter a higher value in the textfield.. this will not work at all filters and i dont know a different way to tweak this

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2008, 09:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.