PDA

View Full Version : messiah and Maya

lostpencil
03-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Hey Folks,

A couple of questions... I'm trying to use Maya 7.0 with messiah 3.0 and I noticed that there are no Maya plugins available in the download for the 64 bit version. So I installed messiah 32 bit version. Then I noticed that there were no plugins available for maya 7.0 and higher. So I copied my 2.5 Maya 7.0 plugin and I'm using that. That seems to work with deformation objects, but when I try to connect a translated object (like the camera, using F11) I get the error message: "This Maya 7.0 connection does not currently support plugin-side object adding". So what's up with the missing plugins in 64 bit messiah, the missing 7.0+ plugins in 32 bit messiah and the missing object adding? Seems to me that these are fairly big hurdles between me using messiah and Maya. Am I missing something?

kursad_pileksuz
03-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Paul, I checked my folders as well and I can confirm that those plugins are missing. You should really write to Pmg about this since they may not check out the forums. Althou it really makes sense that 64bit version does not have any plugins because Messiah is ported to 64bit because of internal rendering. So if you are into internal rendering you probably wont need external. But sure there would be many exceptions to this rule.

I do not think that Maya plugin supports motion and objects like Lightwave plugin does. As far as I know Maya plugin would only support deformations.

lostpencil
03-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks for confirming! I emailed tech support at pmG, so we'll see what develops. As for 64-bit versions of the plugins, I suppose it would make sense to have the plugins for 64-bit versions of Maya (or Max or what have you). I dunno, maybe they work with 32bit plugins. Too bad if you are right about the motion of objects. It would be nice to be able to import the camera/light animations so that the animator can get more feedback in the messiah scene.

kursad_pileksuz
03-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Well you would only need 64bit version of Messiah if you need to deal with a scene that is over 2gb. And that is alot of data normally. So in theory it would be impossible to bring an object that is over 2gb from Maya that you will be animating inside Messiah. Normally you bring you characters-robots etc that would not pass some megabytes.

Again mine is a theory. To me it makes sense but everyone has different needs. Probably Fori has not compiled them for 64bit.

But missing maya 7 and 8 plugins is little odd since they were available in previous version to be honest.

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2008, 07:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.