PDA

View Full Version : any gud galaxy tutorial????

ahmedsheeraz
03-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi all, title says it all? I just wanna know how to make a galaxy, realistic or artisitc? mayb using particles or anyother technique but I can't figure out. I tried using particles using vortex. rotating a sphere on its axis and generating particles from it to get a spiral effect but none helps.

any help?

Glacierise
03-26-2008, 04:30 PM
You could do a setup like this - a single emitter in the middle, animate it rotating along its vertical axis and spewing particles. Add a drag force, and animate the speed along the icon arrow to get from something to nothing, and it will form the sleeves of the spiral shape. I can post a scene if you can't figure out my explanation.

Glacierise
03-26-2008, 04:42 PM
You could do a setup like this - a single emitter in the middle, animate it rotating along its vertical axis and spewing particles. Add a drag force, and animate the speed along the icon arrow to get from something to nothing, and it will form the sleeves of the spiral shape. I can post a scene if you can't figure out my explanation.

ahmedsheeraz
03-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi, nice tip. I tried making galaxy....please have a look but it is still not looking like what I want it to be but now it is very close. thanx for the tip and do have a look.

Glacierise
03-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Umm, something like that, but could be better. In fact I want to create this scene too, so wait until tonight, I'll post again.

ininja
03-27-2008, 02:17 PM
From memory I rmember Pete Draper did a very nice tutorial on how he made a galaxy
link: http://www.3d-palace.com/xenomorphic/education/doc_galaxy.htm

It's not something quick to render but the theory is all there if you wanted to simplify it!

Glacierise
04-02-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm ready, check it out:

http://www.3d-palace.com/forum/showthread.php?p=148134#post148134

Sorry for not posting here - limits are too restrictive, and I am currently too broke to pay for my hosting :( But register in the palace if you still haven't, both my image and, moreso, the site, are quite worth it. Enjoy!

ahmedsheeraz
04-03-2008, 02:36 PM
thanx for the reply......and thanx indeed for your help....attached is my version of galaxy which is simpler than yours.I successfully completed this project and this is now a history. thanx anyways

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2008, 02:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.