PDA

View Full Version : Ornatrix

cryonic
03-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Hey there everyone.

im working on a character assignment at the moment, and had more or less decided to use Ornatrix for the hair. Now i have searched around the internet and so on, and i cant find the solution, how to make it work with mental ray. Anybody knows how to do that? i've got a deadline too, so i feel the panic now..:eek: :)

so if anyone could help me? i saw that there was once a turorial here on that topic, but it had been removed due to server space or something...

PiXeL_MoNKeY
03-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Ornatrix? That product is no longer in production, it merged with HairFX to make hairtrix back in 2005 and was released late last year as a commercial product. As far as I know the mental ray support was a feature in the later versions of the product. Since it no longer exists as a product the official site is no longer available.

-Eric

cryonic
03-27-2008, 09:57 AM
thanks for the answer. i found a way to make it work with mental ray at last (think i have the latest version), but max crashed everytime, so i have to use another method to make hair. but thanks anyway :)

stefan
03-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Ornatrix is hairtrix /merge with hairFX/
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/270842
695 $

Ornatrix was best hair solution for max. Fast, it was pleasure to use. But with some bugs.

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2008, 10:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.