PDA

View Full Version : help in painter animation

moluvjoe
03-26-2008, 11:48 AM
please help
I'm working on an animation and when i "insert movie" into the frame stack its tinted blue or green. Can not figure out what i'm doing wrong anyone have any ideas?

Mu
03-27-2008, 05:48 PM
hey,

let's have more information:

which version, which system, what kind of file? Was the framestack empty? Things like that, you know.

Mu
03-27-2008, 06:00 PM
you'll find additional sources of information in this thread...

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=112&t=474975

Jinbrown
03-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Hi,

When someone says their Painter interface, and/or images are blue-green, it usually means their screen colors are not set to 24 bit or higher.

Close Painter, and check to see if your screen colors are set to 24 bit or higher and, if not, change them. Then launch Painter again and, hopefully, the color display will be what you expect.

In reference to the thread Mu provided a link for, and my reference to Academic Courseware for Painter Animation, unfortunately, that courseware is no longer available on the Corel site, or it's been moved to some unknown location. I need to update that link on my PixelAlley site as soon as there's time so if it's caused you any difficulty, please accept my apologies.

I'll try to remember to ask the folks at Corel if that courseware can be made available again, but don't hold your breath. Even if I do remember to ask, they may not agree to do it.

#

moluvjoe
03-29-2008, 10:31 AM
I am using painter x on a windowsxp/pc platform the animation I am doing has a background with moving drapes which repeats the cycle every 35 or so frames. I was hoping that instead of having to copy-paste every cycle again and again I can make up one cycle on a seperate frame stack and then insert it into the main file which already contains a few repeating cycles. However when I do that the 'inserted movie' turns out to be tinted blue and green(the frames that I insert it into remain the same just the inserted ones are different). Each key frame in the inserted frame is green and the others that repeat in between are blue.

I checked the color mode for my screen and it is set to 32 bit/highest quality. Is it possible that the frame stack I am trying to insert is lower than 24 bit? I thought I checked 24 bit when I made the stack, but with this problem i am unsure. How would I go about checking to make sure its 24 bit?

Any other Ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2008, 10:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.