PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray: Global Illumination Error

LowEndFrequency
05-09-2003, 02:17 AM
ok I have a model of a mechanical spider that is modeled completely from nurbs. I am attempting global illumination on it, and i have my GI and lights all set up and working fine. But when I import my model and begin to render I get several errors:

// Error: (Mayatomr.Geometry) : planarTrimmedSurface2attachedSurfaceShape1, object is not a nurbs surface, ignored //
// Error: (Mayatomr.Geometry) : planarTrimmedSurfaceShape5, object is not a nurbs surface, ignored //
// Error: (Mayatomr.Geometry) : roundSurface3_Shape1, object is not a nurbs surface, ignored //
// Warning: (Mayatomr.Shader) : file1: no texture file referenced //

I understand the first 3, but I dont understand why they wont render since every object in my scene is a nurbs surface.
But the last error is beyond me, and the render quits when that happens.

Any idea's ? My deadline for my project is fast approaching, any help would we great.

LowEndFrequency
05-09-2003, 04:35 PM
cmon, noone has any idea's?

Maya Ayanami
05-12-2003, 07:24 AM
try converting to polys. maybe that'll work.

do you have the free mental ray version from A|W or do you have the v3. and what version of maya do you have.

Id just start with converting to polys and see what happens. I hope you get this fixed beofre your deadline.

hey. come on people this guys is desparate need of our help. isnt there anyone here that knows about this kind of error

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.