PDA

View Full Version : Edge selection

Kanga
03-26-2008, 03:24 AM
Modo 301

Selecting edges it is sometimes difficult to select one single edge, even when zoomed in close, or changing view angles. It is like the selection radius is way too big. I am probably missing a setting or is there a workaround?

Thanx in advance
Cheerio Chris

Kanga
03-26-2008, 04:03 PM
For anyone looking, turning off snapping helps some. Further advice appreciated.

Cheerio Chris

dobermunk
03-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I think you'll get more feedback at the modo forums....

For me, I like to have the mouse-over selection set to just one type (vertex, edge or poly) as its otherwise kind of chaotic.

Kanga
03-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanx man.

Cheerio Chris

dobermunk
03-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Another thing I use a lot is the tweak tool - err, or whatever its called...
transform with element falloff. You can quickly alter the falloff with the rmb drag and auto-grab and move what you've grabbed, without selection hassles. Good for organic stuff.

Kanga
03-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Thanx David, will check out the tweak tool. I like the sound of a falloff cause the effect I am getting is like having a brush size that is too big and the mesh isnt really that dense.

Cheerio mate
Chris

dobermunk
03-27-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm struggling my into modo myself - the vision of a unified model, sculpt & paint tool is at the moment a bit more vision than product.

Great stuff you've done there! (Just checked your reel).

Kanga
03-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Hoi David!
Thanx :). I am working on my folio atm, quite hard ha. I mainly use Modo for uvs, and its very good at that. Cleaning up models from zbrush shows Modo has some pretty nifty modelling tools too. I think this app is going to be a force to reckon with in the future.

Cheerio Chris

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2008, 10:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.